Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 10.0.3 upgrade download file changed my version from Premium EX to ST edition.

Accepted Solution Solved
JM
Nickel Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT 10.0.3 upgrade download file changed my version from Premium EX to ST edition.

Is there a downloadable version to correct this down grade problem, and where is the latest hotfix or upgrade for Network Sync service that works with ACT 10.0.3 because there is no full verison of ACT 10.0.3 to be found in download center.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JM
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
JM
Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT 10.0.3 upgrade download file changed my version from Premium EX to ST edition.

Tashina,

Thank you I see the Unmark Options. Last time it was not there because I was not logged in.

Next I'll see about how to post (reply to DL's not working trick) to close that post as solved, or just do if from this post with details. I got solution from ACT Support Rep. (did NOT charge me! thanks Ms. Rice/and her manager for the OK).  ACT Help About does not display the correct info in certain cases such as still showing 10.0.0 ST Edition, but in fact using ACTDIAG the line item Server Edition: was showing SQL EX Edition.

I will also let all know I have ACT 10.0.3.182 running after being down two days.  ACT! 10.0.3.182 was released July 9th, 2008 and is when I downloaded it.  The readme notes after install stated it updates to SQL Server 2005 Service Pack2 (Microsoft security flaw fix KB948109). I'm not sure of this since after doing install of ACT 10.0.3 and a reboot Windows Update still wants to download and update. So I'm not letting it download SP2 until I hear back it's OK to let it run. That should mean after install of ACT 10.0.3 Windows IE Update checker should not download and install the SP2. In my case just timing when Windows did a check right before I did 10.0.3 upgrade and before I got to reboot PC after ACT upgrade.  I think this is what killed ACT! program (DB was OK) and would not start up even after basic uninstall of ACT re-installing ACT 10.0.0 than it could not complete upgrade just went into endless install / update process mode. I had to completely remove ACT, SQL stuff, (Net 2.0 if your not running Vista) Network Sync service and run ACT_Uninstaller.EXE (file in Answer ID 19338 link to file at bottom of KB, and for Vista systems read ID#21391). Than I was able to reinstall on my VISTA HOME PREMIUM laptop 10.0.0 than run the Full version ACT 10.0.3 install program (Support Rep. gave me packed file, but Sage is not ready to put in Download Center or allow me to make that link known).  You could upgrade using the 10.0.3 download center file. I wanted full version to install Network Sync Service so the version number would show 10.0.3.182. Was told it's possible running ACT update/new install 10.0.3 the Sync Service may still show verison 10.0.2 but is really the latest verison for ACT 10.0.3.

If you do run an Internet or Network Sync Service and install 10.0.3 on a remote system first than allow it to update the DB you will need the Full verison of ACT installer 10.0.3 as stated in ACT! 10.0.3 Premium Update US dowload page under Sync service / Note: Sync Service in the Full ACT! 2008 (10.0.3) product download. Otherwise yo'll be OK with ACT 10.0.3 update download the Applying Hotfix1 Network Sync service 10.0.2.1.

You can with Windows Update prevent by doing a hide the download and installing of SQL SP2 (Vista) update panel change item(s) to Hidden.

If you want absolute Administrator access in Vista Google "Enable the (hidden) administrator Account in Windows Vista".
Just Run as Admin the Command Prompt, type net user administraotr /active:yes.
Log out and back in to see Admin login with no password access setup.
Disable it with No in place of yes.

The reason's I wanted ACT 10.0.3 was for the fixes, speed and Vista too XP Pro Network remote sync. Now I hope I can get my new Vista system as the Primary DB to VPN Network Sync using Hamachi to a remote XP Pro system as I had working when XP to XP systems after figuring out what ports and firewall settings to open ip in Vista.

JM 

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: ACT 10.0.3 upgrade download file changed my version from Premium EX to ST edition.

JM,

Register the product again to correct display issue (Help | Register ACT!).  Remove the serial and add it back.

The update network sync service is on the download center, but a little hard to find. 

Use the following criteria: ACT! by Sage - 2008 (10.x) - N/A

JM
Nickel Contributor

DL,

Serial number trick did not work with ACT 10.0.0 still showing ST. I than did Online update that took it to 10.0.2 but still trick no help.  Last night I had uninstalled ACT and SQL parts (ran ACT's removal tool uninstaller of any reg. settings), reboot than reinstalled from CDROM 10.0.0 and it still showed ST.  Since it remembered the two serial numbers I will remove #'s and remove ACT to make as clean as possible than re-install again and than insert serial numbers again.

Already knew about (10.x) N/A that list ACT_Network_Sync_10.02, and 1002NetworkSyncHotfix1, but no KB or readme on ACT site if there is another Sync version for ACT 10.0.3, KB only states download full verison ACT and run Netwrok installer.  Download center only shows ACT1002 and 1003PremUSUpdates

JM
Nickel Contributor

Opp's I hit Solution solved icon thinking it would give option to say No, can it be undone?
Copper Contributor

JM wrote:
Opp's I hit Solution solved icon thinking it would give option to say No, can it be undone?

To change the marked solution, you can go to Options on the upper right of the post you marked as a solution. Then, under Options, choose Unmark as Accepted Solution.

Let me know if you need any assistance.

Solution
Accepted by topic author JM
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
JM
Nickel Contributor

Tashina,

Thank you I see the Unmark Options. Last time it was not there because I was not logged in.

Next I'll see about how to post (reply to DL's not working trick) to close that post as solved, or just do if from this post with details. I got solution from ACT Support Rep. (did NOT charge me! thanks Ms. Rice/and her manager for the OK).  ACT Help About does not display the correct info in certain cases such as still showing 10.0.0 ST Edition, but in fact using ACTDIAG the line item Server Edition: was showing SQL EX Edition.

I will also let all know I have ACT 10.0.3.182 running after being down two days.  ACT! 10.0.3.182 was released July 9th, 2008 and is when I downloaded it.  The readme notes after install stated it updates to SQL Server 2005 Service Pack2 (Microsoft security flaw fix KB948109). I'm not sure of this since after doing install of ACT 10.0.3 and a reboot Windows Update still wants to download and update. So I'm not letting it download SP2 until I hear back it's OK to let it run. That should mean after install of ACT 10.0.3 Windows IE Update checker should not download and install the SP2. In my case just timing when Windows did a check right before I did 10.0.3 upgrade and before I got to reboot PC after ACT upgrade.  I think this is what killed ACT! program (DB was OK) and would not start up even after basic uninstall of ACT re-installing ACT 10.0.0 than it could not complete upgrade just went into endless install / update process mode. I had to completely remove ACT, SQL stuff, (Net 2.0 if your not running Vista) Network Sync service and run ACT_Uninstaller.EXE (file in Answer ID 19338 link to file at bottom of KB, and for Vista systems read ID#21391). Than I was able to reinstall on my VISTA HOME PREMIUM laptop 10.0.0 than run the Full version ACT 10.0.3 install program (Support Rep. gave me packed file, but Sage is not ready to put in Download Center or allow me to make that link known).  You could upgrade using the 10.0.3 download center file. I wanted full version to install Network Sync Service so the version number would show 10.0.3.182. Was told it's possible running ACT update/new install 10.0.3 the Sync Service may still show verison 10.0.2 but is really the latest verison for ACT 10.0.3.

If you do run an Internet or Network Sync Service and install 10.0.3 on a remote system first than allow it to update the DB you will need the Full verison of ACT installer 10.0.3 as stated in ACT! 10.0.3 Premium Update US dowload page under Sync service / Note: Sync Service in the Full ACT! 2008 (10.0.3) product download. Otherwise yo'll be OK with ACT 10.0.3 update download the Applying Hotfix1 Network Sync service 10.0.2.1.

You can with Windows Update prevent by doing a hide the download and installing of SQL SP2 (Vista) update panel change item(s) to Hidden.

If you want absolute Administrator access in Vista Google "Enable the (hidden) administrator Account in Windows Vista".
Just Run as Admin the Command Prompt, type net user administraotr /active:yes.
Log out and back in to see Admin login with no password access setup.
Disable it with No in place of yes.

The reason's I wanted ACT 10.0.3 was for the fixes, speed and Vista too XP Pro Network remote sync. Now I hope I can get my new Vista system as the Primary DB to VPN Network Sync using Hamachi to a remote XP Pro system as I had working when XP to XP systems after figuring out what ports and firewall settings to open ip in Vista.

JM 
Platinum Elite Contributor

ST is actually an upgrade from EX (not a downgrade). It really doesn't matter as the only different is the build of SQL installed on the server.

Are you still having an issue with ACT!? Not sure from your post

JM
Nickel Contributor

Mike,

I stand corrected it's not a downgrade.  Yes, all is working fine in fact 10.0.3 seems to be more stable and faster than 10.0.1 days.  Thanks for being so involved with the forum and your attention to detail is great.

Platinum Elite Contributor

jm wrote:

Mike,

I stand corrected it's not a downgrade.  Yes, all is working fine in fact 10.0.3 seems to be more stable and faster than 10.0.1 days.  Thanks for being so involved with the forum and your attention to detail is great.

10.02 and 10.03 provides work-arounds for bugs in Microsoft's .Net GAC.... so they should be better.

I wish I made $$$ from support - here or elsewhere :-(

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello,...not to beat a dead horse,....

I too upgraded my 4 day old software to 10.0.3 when ACT asked me too and had a HORRIBLE slow-down of software. I read on this board to go to a particular address and get the Full version to download and have done this. It seems to be working better but still MUCH slower than ACT 6.0 was.

My question, when I purchased ACT 2008 Premium 10.0 EX, it now says "ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1". Is this correct? Isn't it supposed to be the EX edition? What is the EX about?

ST or EX? UUGGGHHHHH!

It's also great to know that v11 was released 4 days after this purchase,.........