Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

ACT 10.0.3 upgrade download file changed my version from Premium EX to ST edition.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 10.0.3 upgrade download file changed my version from Premium EX to ST edition.

Sage has a 30-day no-fault return policy. Contact customer service to return ACT! 10 and then buy ACT! 11.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
JM
Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT 10.0.3 upgrade download file changed my version from Premium EX to ST edition.

BrianNydish,

Since ACT!2007 release it is slower than ACT! 6.0 when loading up and switching between DB because of a complete change to Table based DB engine and using Microsof.NET/SQL (in a nutshell). Why because this is what's required for Sage to move towards the CRM / Web based larger user per sites market (I think). If you want please be more specific on what is slower?

See this Forum link about performance.

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=Prem&thread.id=4214

You have the current version and I'm sure it is still EX.

I found out from Sage there is a random known issue the ACT! Help About does not display the correct engine (EX, ST).  Go to Windows START,  RUN:actdiag. you will see the Diagnostics Window. The Server Edition: should read "Express Edition" (EX) and the Server Version: Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition, SP2, Build 9.00.3042.00

As you may know you can at no charge request Sage to send you version 11.0 if it's been less than 90days.  You may have to ask sales to refund order and create new order for v11.

JM

Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks jm,...you are correct. I believe that I will wait the 30-60 days to see if v11 has the bugs worked out. Thanks again.

@briannydish wrote:

Hello,...not to beat a dead horse,....

I too upgraded my 4 day old software to 10.0.3 when ACT asked me too and had a HORRIBLE slow-down of software. I read on this board to go to a particular address and get the Full version to download and have done this. It seems to be working better but still MUCH slower than ACT 6.0 was.

This will depend on the hardware that you're operating on... especially the hard drive speed and RAM

My question, when I purchased ACT 2008 Premium 10.0 EX, it now says "ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1". Is this correct? Isn't it supposed to be the EX edition? What is the EX about?

Just different editions of SQL for the Premium versions of ACT!

It's also great to know that v11 was released 4 days after this purchase,.........

In some regions, there is a period that you can get a free upgrade.... you might try asking Sage about it

Highlighted
sak
Tuned Listener

Hi Mike,

I am using ACT!10.0.3 ST, few users are using remote users. recently I am faceing Sync is working fine but after sync few fields are not updating in the server. can you guide me.

Thanks!

Sak.

@sak wrote:

Hi Mike,

I am using ACT!10.0.3 ST, few users are using remote users. recently I am faceing Sync is working fine but after sync few fields are not updating in the server. can you guide me.

Thanks!

Sak.

Try this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2340...

sak
Tuned Listener

Thanks Mike, Let me check and update U

Thanks!

Sak

sak
Tuned Listener

Hi Mike,

Link, which you sent, I have tried. After that 1 day working fine but now there is same issues, some time Mobile No, some time email address not update. If you have any idea, kindly share with me.

Thanks & Regards!

Sak.

@sak wrote:

Hi Mike,

Thanks!

Sak.

Try this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2340...

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Australia
Blog.GLComputing.com.au

I can only surmise that there is some corruption in the database and you may need to submit it to Sage to be cleaned and then re-create the sync
sak
Tuned Listener

Thanks Mike, I'll because no other option.