Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

A sudden and strange quirk with the Calendar in Act!, Premium Version 18.2.53.0, Update 2 - on Windows

Copper Contributor

A sudden and strange quirk with the Calendar in Act!, Premium Version 18.2.53.0, Update 2 - on Windows

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can suggest a possible solution to a quirk that two colleagues of mine have experienced.

It's regarding the Calendar in Act!, Premium Version 18.2.53.0, Update 2 - on Windows OS.

As of today, two of my colleagues have 50 alerts suddenly appearing in their Calendar, dating back 6 months or so.

I have 18 other colleagues, but there is no change with their calendars and everything is fine for them.

It's rather difficult to explain (I'll do an update later), but it's as if both of their calendars have suddenly become mixed up together.

I imagine sure it's something to do with the Task List, but am not sure what it might be - both colleagues always clear tasks to keep their calendar up-to-date.

I hope somebody can offer some suggestions for fixing this quirk.

Thanks.

Grant.

Administrator

Re: A sudden and strange quirk with the Calendar in Act!, Premium Version 18.2.53.0, Update 2 - on Windows

When you say alerts are appearing, are these just alarms for existing activities - or are new activities appearing on the calendar?

If you clear these alerts, do they come back or does it seem like a one time quirk?

Have there been any updates performed on the server recently?

Copper Contributor

Re: A sudden and strange quirk with the Calendar in Act!, Premium Version 18.2.53.0, Update 2 - on Windows

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply.

Just waiting for these 2 colleagues to come out of a meeting, then I'll post more info.

Don't think there have been any updates to server.

Also, it's just these 2 colleagues, everyone else (18 colleagues) is fine.

Copper Contributor

Hi Jon,

Below is my colleague's description of the problem.

Grant.

"I had originally scheduled the activities in my calendar, at the time they happened. But as of 02/03/18 they have (all 50) reappeared as invitations sent by [name of colleague] and are duplicated, some 3 times, in my calendar. Unsure whether to accept/decline/tentative as don’t want 6 months of calls etc being deleted from my record."

Nickel Super Contributor

Has any of the colleagues eventually started to use the ACT!-Outlook calendar synchronisation?

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Copper Contributor

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your reply.

I just asked both colleagues about this, but, no, they do not use ACT/Outlook calendar synchronisation.

It is almost as if their profiles/accounts have become mixed up.

For example, one of them can schedule a meeting, but it appears in their ACT calendar as if it's been scheduled by the other colleague.

It's very strange!

Grant.

Administrator

Hi Grant,

This does sound like a strange issue - and it's a difficult one to troubleshoot without being able to see the behaviour in person. I can see from your account that your company has an active support contract, so it might be best to get the affected user to call tech support and they'll be able to take a look at the problem first-hand?

Otherwise, I'd check to make sure the Act/Outlook sync hasn't become enabled unintentionally on the users account. You can see this from Tools > Synchronise with Outlook > Outlook Synchronisation preferences.
Copper Contributor

Hi Jon,

Yes, it is a very strange issue indeed. It's hard enough just trying to describe it! It's a bit like that film, 'Freaky Friday', where a spooky swapping occurs.

That's why I took to the forum rather than phoning the ACT! HelpDesk.

But, thankfully, looks like it's a temporary blip (touch wood!), as things seem to be back to normal.

There are 50 meetings/phone calls that have been scheduled as a result of this quirk has, so my two colleagues are just going to remove these manually.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Grant.