Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

A small bug in ACT V18 Premium Web

Copper Contributor

A small bug in ACT V18 Premium Web

Hi All,

I got another small bug that is happening in Internet Explorer when using ACT V18 Premium Web.  I looked in the forum but didn't find this.

When I have a contact,  any contact,  I start filling out fields.  If I click on the state dropdown list and select a state,  then if I try to click into the other fields,  it won't let me.  I can' do anything with the other fields unless I leave the contact and come back.  Again this appears only to happen in Internet Explorer.  The problem doesn' t happen in Chrome.

My boss is having the same issue.  We are running Windows 10 with internet explorer 11 V 11.0.10240.16683

Thanks

Darrell

Copper Contributor

Re: A small bug in ACT V18 Premium Web

I too am experiencing this issue. In addition to this, I've noticed an odd occurrence where selecting an item from a select list in one field will change or remove data in another field even though they aren't linked in any way. This is separate from the issue you'r having above but I can confirm that I too have experienced your issue.
Copper Contributor

No replies as of yet on this issue??
Copper Contributor

I ran into another issue where I try to insert a note in internet explorer it doesn't add my note to the contact.  Again this is only happening in Internet Explorer.  I run IE 11 on a windows 10 machine.  Oh sorry I am having that problem in google chrome also.

Copper Contributor

Related bug I think: Win 10, IE, ACT 18. Creating or editing a contact, you cannot tab from State field to Zip Code Field. It takes several clicks in various fields to get the cursor into the Zip field.

Odd!

Copper Contributor

I have the same issue as well with the State/Province and ZipCode/PostalCode.
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi all

The issue identified in the original post, where the cursor becomes stuck in the state or county fields has been previously identified and logged as defect D-04164.
This also covers the issue where tabbing from the state field to zip code field does not work.

The issue has reportedly been fixed in the upcoming v18.1 service pack, which is currently undergoing internal testing, and will be released soon.

I would encourage people with other unrelated issues to this cursor 'sticking' behaviour, to create a new thread, and detail the problem there, ideally with steps to reproduce the error so it can be tested.

Copper Contributor

Thanks Gary. Quick question, is there a list of all the things that 18.1 will fix and address? Thanks
Administrator

Not at the moment.
The following Knowledgebase article will be updated with the changelog shortly after v18.1 is released.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36573

same issue, except when I hit OK it may post the note to another contact.