Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

A couple of questions about ACT in the cloud (hosted)

Astute Commentator

A couple of questions about ACT in the cloud (hosted)

I purchased ACT premium 2012 in the cloud (The hosted -but still full featured, I think- solution directly from Sage) and I had a couple questions.

When I import a database, will the notes be imported.

Does swiftpages, or sage e-marketing work with this version?

Thanks.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: A couple of questions about ACT in the cloud (hosted)

A database to database import does include Notes (unless de-selected).  If you have an existing database, the hosting service should be able to use it without having to create a new database (and import the existing). 

Sage E-Marketing: The answers depend on your selections for using the hosted system (Sage ACT! Hosted).  If you will be accessing the database through a web browser only, there will be no interface for Sage E-Marketing.  If you will be using a remote database (sync to host), the interface for Sage E-Marketing will be available through the installed Sage ACT! program.

Greg Martin
Sage
Silver Contributor

Re: A couple of questions about ACT in the cloud (hosted)

ACT also has a Hosting Provider Program  (http://na.sage.com/sage-act/partners/hosting-providers)

These providers provide options a lot of options for using ACT in a cloud based data center hosted solution beyond the more basic version that is sold direct.

These include full desktop hosting of ACT, Use of ACT on Mac, Integration with ACT Add ons, Hosting of Accounting software and MS Office.  

So, if you need more options beyond the web or sync model that is sold direct, contact a hosting provider.

(disclaimer, we are on the hosting provider list)

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider