Do you mean 

A Few ACT! Premium Questions!

A Few ACT! Premium Questions!

HelloTeam! I have a few questions related to ACT! Premium

My version info:

Act! Premium Version 16.0.291.0, Hot Fix 5

My system informatin:

We run ACT via Citrix on Windows OS

So we have used ACT! for a very long time, but recently upgraded to a newer version. Now I have some questions as we continue to work with this newer version.

• Is there an addon that will allow me to  have fields linked AND locked?
  • Is there a way to tell if a contact is in a group without having to search in every group?
  • Is there an addon that will allow me to mass update all linked contacts?

Thanks,

Eric

Copper Contributor

Re: A Few ACT! Premium Questions!

Hi Eric, I'm no expert but I leave some Ideas

1.Is there an addon that will allow me to  have fields linked AND locked?

Linked with What? -  Loked yes....  (Premium) Tolls Menu - Define Fields - Mark any field - in the left panel FIELD SECURITY - Select a user - EDIT OPTION ON THE RIGHT - Change Access Level - That way you can set the Access Level for One or several users in a Field

2. Is there a way to tell if a contact is in a group without having to search in every group?

...  In the extended contact information (Tabs) you have Groups/Companies - Show For.. (drop down list) Here you can find out which is the Group or Company Contact without the need to look at all groups

3. Is there an addon that will allow me to mass update all linked contacts?

Linked with WhatIf Linked with the Company...  When you make a change in the Company Information...  Click in Companies Menu...  and  Click in Update Linked Contacts Option.

Best Regards.

20154juanchis@gmail.com

Everyday I learn something new

Hi Eric, I'm no expert but I leave some Ideas

1.Is there an addon that will allow me to  have fields linked AND locked?

Linked with What? -  Loked yes....  (Premium) Tolls Menu - Define Fields - Mark any field - in the left panel FIELD SECURITY - Select a user - EDIT OPTION ON THE RIGHT - Change Access Level - That way you can set the Access Level for One or several users in a Field

So I have users who can edit certain items at the company level that are linked to the contact level. We locked the fields on the contact level so that the edits can only be performed at the company level. Because the user only has read access to the field on the contact level the link never goes through. Is there an addon to amend this? My research shows this has been somewhat of an issue since at least 2009 for certain people. They have put in feature requests to no avail. I was hoping maybe there was an addon that could allow this function.

2. Is there a way to tell if a contact is in a group without having to search in every group?

...  In the extended contact information (Tabs) you have Groups/Companies - Show For.. (drop down list) Here you can find out which is the Group or Company Contact without the need to look at all groups. Does this exist for companies too?

3. Is there an addon that will allow me to mass update all linked contacts?

Linked with WhatIf Linked with the Company...  When you make a change in the Company Information...  Click in Companies Menu...  and  Click in Update Linked Contacts Option. I have 112K companies and 260K contacts. That is a lot of time spent clicking. Is there an addon that can allow me to click one button and let it run, say over night?

Silver Super Contributor

I have a program called UpdateLinkedContacts that will update the linked fields on all of the contacts associated with the companies.  Contact me offline if you're interested.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

With 112K companies and 260K contacts I would consider change from ACT! to SalesLogix.

:-)

Everyday I learn something new
Copper Super Contributor

Hello,

Is there any updates on the possibility to update linked fields being locked?
Having the company information on a contact record being locked and being updated ONLY fron the company record totally makes sense.
Anything new?

Thank you
Gregory
Copper Super Contributor

Any update on this?
Thank you