Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2012 ACT! - Upon Execution Error Sage ACT! has stopped working -

Tuned Listener

2012 ACT! - Upon Execution Error Sage ACT! has stopped working -

I am experiencing a very frustrating new install of 2012.  Install seems to go well, checks to see if SQL is working all pan out as they should but I keep getting the following error

Sage ACT! has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. please close the program.

All SQL services are running, I have tried to run under various compatibility modes and previous to this, I was a beta tester and the program installed and ran fine.  I did uninstall the old version prior to installing my released 2012 copy.

Please advise.

Paul

Copper Contributor

Re: 2012 ACT! - Upon Execution Error Sage ACT! has stopped working -

Paul sorry to hear about your troubles. It doesn't sound like anything SQL or compatibility related. I'm glad to see also that you uninstalled the beta first. Just to get some better context can you please provide a screen shot of the error. In addition when you get the error and ACT! closes if you were to post the ActLog.xml file that might tell us much more. The log file is typically located on Vista/Windows 7 at C:\Users\[Your Windows User Name]\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT Data. 

This will tell us a whole lot more.

Keith Saccuci
ACT! R&D
Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the quick response.  The screenshot and log are attached.  The log is old however from yesterday.  I don't understand why a new one was not generated.

Thanks

Paul

Opps log file was not attached on first go around.  Should be there now.  Had to rename for attachment to work.

Copper Contributor

Thanks.  For the EmailConverter error message can you tell me if you use the ACT! Email client? 

Please do this

Close ACT!

Go to C:\Users\[Your Windows User Name]\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT Data and rename the ACT Data folder to ACT DATAOLD

Start ACT! Again (Note this will reset some of your preference settings)

See if you still get the error. If you do can you give me screen shots again and the log file. Except this time please make sure to do a print screen so I can see the entire desktop. That's the only way I can get context as to what is occurring in the program when these error occurs.

Keith Saccuci
ACT! R&D
Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]
  • Did as you said.
  • Clicked on ACT
  • Got Message

No log files were generated nor was a new ACT FOLDER Created in the directory where I renamed the folder to old.  Also, if I try to run scheduler, I get a similar message; if I try to run Scratchpad, again a similar message.  Act.Server.Host.exe *32 is running as a process as it did in the past, It is the only ACT related process that appears to be running.  As mentioned, SQL Server (ACT7), SWQ Server Browser, SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS), and SQL server Browser are all running in the services listing.

Also forgot to mention that when installing the program, I would get a similar message stating that the email converter has stopped working.  I simply hit cancel and the installation program proceeds successfully.

Very odd.

[Edit: images removed]

Copper Contributor

Does ACT! even start? I mean do you see the startup screen and everything? I was under the impression that this message occurred while you were using ACT!.  ACT! Cannot function without that folder being recreated (no it would not be the cause of your errors)

I'm thinking now that the folder you are looking at is not the correct user profile location. But I want to make sure I understand what it is you are doing with ACT! leading up to the error.

Thanks,

Keith

Keith Saccuci
ACT! R&D
Tuned Listener

Yes, I believe you are now aware of what I am experiencing.    ACT never opens, it simply gives me the messages I have snapshot and sent to you.  Very strange. 

Copper Contributor

Weird.

It's acting like this was an over-install of the gold product from beta. I'm going to suggest first to go into Add/Remove programs, uninstall ACT!, verify when it is complete that no entries for ACT! exist in Add/Remove programs (Do NOT uninstall SQL) and run through the install one more time. Just to make sure.

Keith

Keith Saccuci
ACT! R&D
Tuned Listener

I will be happy to do so, but I must tell you i have tried this with no success.  Back with you however.  Paul

Tuned Listener

OK.  I have successfully uninstalled Act 2012.  There are no entries showing in the ADD/REMOVE Programs inventory.