Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2011 cannot sort - no Lookup/Omit Selected

Copper Contributor

2011 cannot sort - no Lookup/Omit Selected

I just installed 2011 - installed went flawlessly.

Now - when I do a "create lookup" for a group -- I can sort all columns EXCEPT for the true/false columns.

Also, if I select multiple contacts from the list - the Lookup Selected and Omit Selected buttons are greyed out.

Any suggestions?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: 2011 cannot sort - no Lookup/Omit Selected

I believe the issue you are having is due to having added a Yes/No field to your columns on the Contact List.  At this point you most likely cannot access the Customize Columns option.  To resolve this, you can open a different database (ex: ActDemo database) which will allow you to access the Customize Columns option and select the Reset option.

After resetting the columns: close Act! > reopen the program > then open your main database.

There is a known issue with adding Yes/No fields to the Contact List view, but at this time we do not have information as to when the fix will be available.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

BUT - this was NOT a problem in 2010 - so with 2011 - you introduced this problem?!?!

Copper Contributor

How do you do a "reset"?

Yes, this issue is specific to 2011.

Greg Martin
Sage

To perform a Reset for the Contact List columns: in the 'other' database > go to View menu > select Customize Columns > click on the Reset button. Then close Act! > reopen Act! > open your main database.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

This is the annoying thing about SAGE - you outline the features you have add  ---

BUT

you dont talk about the issues you introduced.

You people are just annoying and it is my displeasure EACH AND EVERY TIME an upgrade is done.

Copper Contributor

I had a call back from David Lunceford to say there is NO fix for this issue - and - they found out about it after the release of 2011.

IF this is the case, it show the lack of quality control for basic testing - cutting corners at the expense of user angst.

This reminds when 2010 was release, they did NOT tell users - in the forums or anywhere else - that Service Pack 3 was mandatory.

This is just unconsciousable behavior!!!!

A workaround for the issue is to use the sort option available in the Edit menu.  Using this sort option allows you to sort up to three fields at a given time.  So after you do group/company lookup, go the Edit menu and select Sort.

Copper Contributor

I think your suggestion just show the lack of sensivity to how this is used in the real world.

Your suggestion just waste more time!!!!