Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2010 Act Premium user looking fot dialer solution. Also trying to make it compatible with fonality VoIP

2010 Act Premium user looking fot dialer solution. Also trying to make it compatible with fonality VoIP

I am currently running Act premium 2010 and have read quite a bit about this "auto dialer" that's built in to the software but have yet to fond it or find out how to activate it. The solution that I am looking for is actually one that will work with my current phone system. (this is the tricky part) I'm using Fonality VoIP for my dial tone provider and polycom phones on the desk top. So my question ultimately is; Is there a dialer that will work with Act to automate the dialing thru a one button click and how would it be routed to my desktop phone? All help would be greatly appreciated. Travis L Roberts Managing Partner ARC Corp & Desperate Reality Ministry
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 2010 Act Premium user looking fot dialer solution. Also trying to make it compatible with fonality VoIP

Re: 2010 Act Premium user looking fot dialer solution. Also trying to make it compatible with fonality VoIP

MIke, first let me thank you for responding to my call for help, people like you and this community are why I have been and will stay a loyal ACT customer...I just installed the "Windows Dialer (TAPI)" functionality to the HUD system and this is was the link that they told me to attach for more info. 

Please click http://help.fonality.com/TroubleshootingFAQ/Troubleshooting(old)/CRM_Integration_Guide#Click-to-Call

I'm ready for the next step. Thank you in advance again!

The ACT! dialler is pretty limited in the TAPI versions it supports.

I'd try and have a look at the trial of itDial and see if that works in your setup:
http://www.glcomputing.com.au/main/71/1

Thank you for that advice, however itDialer is the same as a click to call dialer except a lot more costly. I found a few other click to dial solutions that seemed less expensive. I do GREATLY appreciate all the help. If you have any other ideas of how I can get ACT to dial the next contact without having to click it everytime then please let me know.

In Christ Jesus,

Travis L Roberts

Usually the diallers will get you to click so that you can finish off and History and scheduling follow-up.

Not sure about other add-ons, but with itDial, you can have a list and just click the next line as you go ... I like itDial for some of these functions and the way it handles some proprietary tapi drivers

BTW: At the bottom of the page I linked above is a file called phone.zip - it can test the tapi driver so you know it's working

This is the first good news all day!!! The TAPI Phone dialer that you told me to download worked to connect to my phone! Finally I feel like I'm getting somewhere. (Whew) 

Ok so now that I know that works I heard SIPTAPI would work for ACT also and is free...any other program you would recommend besides itDial as it is very expensive.

Thanks

I haven't uses any others in a while, so can't really recommend any ... I pretty much only recommend products I use or have tested

You might get a couple and download them ... most (like itDial) have a trial period. Then you can see if the free/cheap one do enough for your needs or if you'd use the additional functions in the more powerful products to make it worth the investment to you

That's probably what I'm going to do, the only problem is that Dial-it doesn't have any support number for USA...and the online support doesn't answer. So unfortunately it stinks but I will probably have to switch to another solution or worse another CRM.

They do have support in the US ... and the on-line depends on how busy they are. But you can always leave a message by creating a support ticket