Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

20090319-Index and lenght error

Tuned Listener

20090319-Index and lenght error

[ Edited ]

We've have our cleared activities removed true the dbase maintenance in ACT. "Remove old data - Cleared activities older tha 60 days"". After this is done, we still see cleared from 2006 and 2007. What can be the cause. We would like to remove all cleared activities.

The second problem is the error we got for 1 user "Index and length must refer to a location within the string", when this user want's the view his activities. Also when we select this user in a calender, the calender is empty. the error occured after we cleared the old data. We ran every fix and maintenance true ACTDIAG, but nothing fixes the problem. We can"t go back to a backup because there was a lot of data imput before we noticed this error.

<Resized picture>

Message Edited by dlunceford on 03-24-2009 02:07 PM

Re: 20090319-Index and lenght error

When you ran Remote Old Data, did it give you a pop up saying it successfully removed cleared activities?

If you log into the database with that user from a different computer, do you get the same error?  If you do, then the user has corrupted activities.  You can try creating a new user, delete the corrupt user, and reassign the data to the new user.

I believe you may have corrupted activities in your database.  You can try empty copy + import, to see if that resolves your issue.  Since its probably a data issue, I do not think the import will do any good. You may need to contact db services.

How to Import a Multi-User Database and Retain the Record Manager in ACT!

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: 20090319-Index and length error

I have a similar issue,. I purged a heap of old activities now one user can't see his activities on his user tab, anything on his calendar or task list. I can't see these either on another computer. Fortunately they still exist on a remote database.

Have tried various remedies and am in the midst of restoring a backup from before the purge.

What did you mean by "You can try creating a new user, delete the corrupt user, and reassign the data to the new user." If the activities don't appear to exist where can they be reassigned from?

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: 20090319-Index and length error

Have answered my question about reassigning users but still working away through full solution.

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com