Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2009 Outlook support

2009 Outlook support

Hello all,

I work for a small company with Exchange and a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) which syncs mail, calendar, tasks, etc. with the Blackberies "over the air".

We are considering another product with better Outlook integration in order to sync calendar and contacts with BES connected Blackberry handhelds.

The Outlook support in 2008 (v10) is email only, performs poorly on our laptops/desktops and does not address even a one way sync of customer contacts to Outlook (and therefore this information is not available on the blackberry handheld).

We've tested a myriad of add-ons but some have questionable quality, stability and coexistence records (in our experience) and it's an added "tax" added on to our primary CRM package (Act!).

In Act! 2009 I recall seeing "better Outlook support".

Can anyone elaborate on this for me?

Does anyone know if there be any support for blackberry handhelds - either through better Outlook support (even just a push of contacts from Act! To Outlook would be a huge help) or some type of Sage service?

Your help/feedback is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

gp

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 2009 Outlook support

Handheld Contact is still the way to go for Blackberry users.

Syncing calendar, tasks etc via Outlook and/or Exchange is never going to be reliable because they don't support the fields and data-types for a CRM solution