Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2007 ACT Opportunity reports

2007 ACT Opportunity reports

Hello all. I am new to writing reports and am having a very difficult time with writing custom reports. I have managed to stumble my way through the majority of the report but still cannot get the template to add up my open opportunities. I will back up and start from the top..

I am using the template of Sales Analysis by Record Manager

My script looks like this...

If Status1 = "Open" Then
 Open1.Text = oppsale
 ClosedWon1.Text = 0
 ClosedLost1.Text = 0
 Inactive1.Text = 0
Endif
If Status1 = "Closed - Won" Then
 Open1.Text = 0
 ClosedWon1.Text = oppsale
 ClosedLost1.Text = 0

Inactive1.Text = 0
Endif
If Status1 = "Closed - Lost" Then
 Open1.Text = 0
 ClosedWon1.Text = 0
 ClosedLost1.Text = oppsale
 Inactive1.Text = 0
Endif
If Status1 = "Inactive" Then
 Open1.Text = 0
 ClosedWon1.Text = 0
 ClosedLost1.Text = 0
 Inactive1.Text = oppsale
Endif

This seperates my values into 4 seperate custom labels (named as above).. This is all going well.

My problem arises when I try and total the different labels. Either is shows a Zero when the report is showing that there are values coming from the script or it shows an Incorrect value.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong to get the obscured totals. SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!!!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 2007 ACT Opportunity reports

I frankly don't understand what you are trying to do. The scripts look generally valid but you gave no clue where you were placing them. If you are trying to do what I think you are trying to do, I could create the report without using scripts and be able to get the totals that you want.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Ok, Let me see if I can explain a bit better. I was very frustrated when trying to post last night so I appologize.

I am using the template for the Sales Analysis by Record Manager. I am trying to include a total for all stages of the opportunities in this report. I am able to get a formula that can add up all of my opportunities but I am trying to break them out into individuals stages (much like is done in the Opportunities by Status report, yet I am not wanting to show all of the records only a summary of the record manager)

In the Template there are two sections,

Section 1 (Record Manager) - Record Manager Header

Section 2 (Opportunity Name) - OppNameHeader

Detail - I am currently using [O:Total] in this section to add up my total opportunities in the RecordManagerFooter

Section 2 (Opportunity Name) - OppNameFooter - This is where my script is written and the fields within the script are located. I am able to get the values to show when the report is ran as I am intending, but it will not sum the figures correctly in the RecordManagerFooter.

Section 1 (Record Manager) - RecordManagerFooter

I don't know if this will help clarify or just confuse even more. I thank you in advance for your help.

Please check your private messages, upper right corner of the screen.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: 2007 ACT Opportunity reports (Sales Analysis by Record Manager)

I am using the report template "Sales Analysis by Record Manager" and the canned report does not total the opportunities under their status category (i.e. open, closed/won, closed/lost, inactive).  It displays all ZEROs.  It does however total the # of opportunities.  How do I fix this?  I am using 2010 version canned template.  Help!

Re: 2007 ACT Opportunity reports (Sales Analysis by Record Manager)

Have you made any modifications to the report template? All the heavy lifing in that report is done by VB script programming and any attempt to modify the report runs the risk of breaking the script programming. I tested the standard version on the demo database and it appears to run properly.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129