Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2 quick ACT! 2011 Premium questions

2 quick ACT! 2011 Premium questions

My company is looking to make a large expansion in the near future, and upgrading ACT! is part of that. I'm doing some research into our options, so here are some questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1) We're looking to upgrade our ACT server to 64-bit achitecture. Can end users running 32-bit computers connect/access the ACT database on a 64-bit computer? Are there any restrictions or limitations?

2) We currently have ACT 2008 Premium. Will our ACT 2008 databases convert fully into ACT 2011 databases? Including notes, and task lists for users?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: 2 quick ACT! 2011 Premium questions

Hi

The 64 bit server machine will normally run ACT in 32 bit mode so no problems there.

With the upgrade make sure you run Database Maintenance, Check and Repair first and always make a backup but you should not have a problem with the data converting to the new ACT version.

That's interesting that it runs in a 32 bit mode. Does that cause any performance issues, or will I still be able to get all the benefits of 64 bit architecture?

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Markus,

Please click on the link below, for an explanation on how ACT! works on 64-bit systems

Knowledge base Article

http://tinyurl.com/2brfdph

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005