Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2 Questions from a new user

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

2 Questions from a new user

Hi,

Using Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367 (3 users).

I am not sure if this is the right forum.  If I have to post it in the premium forum please let me know.

1. Is there a way to update linked fields from more than one company at a time?  I am talking about the linked fields that link companies fields to linked contacts.  Right now I can do it only one at a time

2. When I edit the information on a territory field, all the companies that I previously assigned to that territory do not automatically change, they are still displaying the old information.  I have to manually change each one. Is there a way to have ACT do that?  Maybe a field setting?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author lipa
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 2 Questions from a new user

Editing the dropdown value will not change the previous value for all records using the old value. To do this, you would need to do a lookup of the Company records that have the old value, then go to Edit > Replace Field to change to the new value for those records.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

For #1. There isn't an option to Update Linked Contacts for multiple Companies, it can only be done 1 Company at a time.

For #2.  I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are describing.  The 'territory field' - is that on the Company screen or on the Contact screen?

If the field you are referring to is a Contact Field, you can update mutliple records at a time by performing a Lookup on the appropriate field/value > then use the Edit/Replace Field option.  It will update all contacts in the current Lookup results. 

I recommend you make a backup of your database before using this mass update command (File > Backup > Database).

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply.

Question #2 related to the territory field in the Company screen. What I did was edit the information on the drop down list of territories. However all the companies that where previously assigned to that drop down territory field where not updated.

For example: If one territory was called "Northeast" and I edited it and renamed "New England", all the companies that where previously assigned to that territory are still showing "Northeast" and not "New England". Is there something in the setting of the field that is preventing this update?

All help is appreciated.
Solution
Accepted by topic author lipa
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Editing the dropdown value will not change the previous value for all records using the old value. To do this, you would need to do a lookup of the Company records that have the old value, then go to Edit > Replace Field to change to the new value for those records.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks.