Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2 Acts/Outlook Anywhere Integration

2 Acts/Outlook Anywhere Integration

Hi,

I'm having quite a big problem with Outlook integration on my network. I have 20+ users using an Act Premium 2009 11.1 Hotfix 4 database hosted on a local server who have no problems, all of whom use Exchange accounts again on a local server. Act/Outlook integration works fine for them. One user, however has a different setup: Two Outlook profiles (one a local Exchange server, and one connected with Outlook Anywhere to remote Exchange server) and two instances of Act, one on the local computer and one from the server everyone else uses.

Everything works except the Act/Outlook integration. Address book setup within Act doesn't throw up any errors but upon opening Outlook there is the usual error about not finding address books.

I have tried all the usual steps for resolving this, including a complete reinstall, all to no avail.

Can anyone tell me where the problem lies - the rpc over http Outlook, or two instances of Act on one PC? The funny thing is I got this working before, but since upgrading to SBS2008 and wiping and reinstalling everything I just can't get it working. Same computer, same OS.

Thanks for your help,

Mark

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 2 Acts/Outlook Anywhere Integration

Hello Mark,

ACT! can only work with one Outlook profile, the one that has been designated as the deafult profile in Outlook. So on his machine, the local install of ACT! will work with the default profile assigned to the local install of Outlook.

Also, is he accessing a shared database through Terminal Services, through a LAN, or VPN?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.