Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

10.02 update released - but not Web?

Platinum Elite Contributor

10.02 update released - but not Web?

I notice that the 10.02 patches are on the act.com downloads page... but no seperate links for Web as there was for 10.01
  1. Does the "Premium" update work for Workgroups and Web?
  2. If not, can users in "mixed mode" update LAN clients or sync users if the Web server is only at 10.01?
  3. If not (and users should be warned when updating if not), when is the Web version expected?
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: 10.02 update released - but not Web?

[ Edited ]
1. No, the update for the Windows version will not work for the Web version.
2. If a user has both premium and web they will need to remain on 10.0.1 as 10.0.2 provides a schema change.
3. I do not have a 'set in stone' date for web, but it should be right around the corner.

Message Edited by AJones on 03-31-2008 09:19 AM
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]
Would this update apply to the Real Estate version? When I clicked on update under the help tab it said that I had the lastest update. My version now is ACT! Premium for Real Estate Version 10.0.1.199.

Message Edited by PamelaRosen on 03-31-2008 08:29 AM
Pamela Rosen

AJones wrote:
1. No, the update for the Windows version will not work for the Web version.
2. If a user has both premium and web they will need to remain on 10.0.1 as 10.0.2 provides a schema change.
3. I do not have a 'set in stone' date for web, but it should be right around the corner.

Message Edited by AJones on 03-31-2008 09:19 AM

1. They should say Premium for Workgroups for the current one. If all other parts of ACT! (including the Community site) Premium implies both.
2. 10.0.1 provided a schema change, but 10.0.0 could still access it except for sync. These changes, as they are not consistent, should have a knowledge base article. It's not easy to tell users one way and then another way without something official to back up the comment.

I had a user that I advised to get 10.0.1 because of the Chinese email issue, downloaded and installed 10.02 and the site lost all their web users.

PamelaRosen wrote:
Would this update apply to the Real Estate version? When I clicked on update under the help tab it said that I had the lastest update. My version now is ACT! Premium for Real Estate Version 10.0.1.199.

Update get posed on the web first and can be on ACT! Update a few weeks later. You can download the current patch from http://www.act.com/support/updates/index.cfm

I assume it should work with ACT! for RE as this hasn't had seperate patches for previous updates... but we don't have this version in AU, so hopefully Amanda will be able to confirm it.

Nickel Super Contributor

The updates are listed as Premium and Premium for Web. There would not be much that could be done to distinguish them.

If you need something "official" to explain the schema update to users, check out kb 22313

Directly from the KB...

Compatibility

ACT! 2008 (10.0)
ACT! 2008 (10.0) and (10.0.1) users cannot share the same database with ACT! 2008 (10.0.2) users. All users in a workgroup must be on the same version to access and take advantage of the new release.

Mixed ACT! by Sage Premium and ACT! by Sage Premium for Web Environments
ACT! Premium and ACT! Premium for Web users who share a database must also be on the same version number in order to access and share data. Administrators for these mixed environments should wait to update to ACT! Premium 2008 (10.0.2) until both Web and Windows versions are available.
Nickel Super Contributor

The RE will have it's on separate update. However, I do not know the time frame for release yet.

Premium for Workgroups and Premium for web might be easier?

Not sure if this is possible, but would be good when it's available by ACT! Update if a dialog comes up before the download something like:

ACT! 2008 (10.0) and (10.0.1) users cannot share the same database with ACT! 2008 (10.0.2) users. Do not apply this update unless you are able to update all users sharing the same data - LAN, Sync and Web. If you're not sure if this applies to you, please contact your ACT! Administrator.

Then and OK or Cancel and a link to the Knowledge Base.

A bit more obvious for users who either think they are getting something from the update or those following recomendations to update from Sage support or here.

If not possible, might be good to add the ability in a future version for ACT! Update to show a custom message before the download when this is useful.

Another option is not having ACT! Update download and install anything... when there's a new build, just open a web page with a link for the download and any thing they need to know.

AJones wrote:
The RE will have it's on separate update. However, I do not know the time frame for release yet.

Was it only released for 10.01? There doesn't seem to be any updates for RE for previous versions - or am I missing something?

As I said, we don't have it here, so didn't know.... but want to make sure I give the right info if a user has it.

So it's more than custom database, layouts, reports, templates, opportunity processes and dashboard?
Nickel Super Contributor

It was released based on the 10.0.1 build. There will be a 10.0.2 update for it in the future, I'm just not sure of the date.

The RE program has customized reports, fields, activity series etc. geared towards the Real Estate Industry.