Search instead for 
Do you mean 

10.0.2 upgrade

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

10.0.2 upgrade

Hi - First up, the new forums look good and full of useful information. Thanks

I see there's a new service pack for 2008 with some provisos about installing it. Would someone clarify how I update sync services.

"Synchronization Services
If synchronization is employed, and any users are on version 10.0.2, the sync service must be upgraded.
Note: Updated Sync Services are included in the full ACT! 2008 (10.0.2) product download."

Does this mean that to synchronise I need to download the full ACT product, not just the upgrade? Where do I find the full product download?

Why don't these updates show up when I click on ACT! Update in the help menu?

Thanks,

Stephen 

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author stephenb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: 10.0.2 upgrade

The ACT 10.0.2 update is under ACT.com/Support/Downloads

Downloads, Updates & Documents

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Do you have remote users who synchronise? If not, you don't need to worry about that section.

The full build was available in the Knowledge Base, but doesn't seem available at the moment... maybe one of the admins can let us know where it is now?

The 10.02 update desn't appear under the ACT! Update so users in a sync or shared environment don't do it on their own as all systems need to be at the same build

Solution
Accepted by topic author stephenb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

The ACT 10.0.2 update is under ACT.com/Support/Downloads

Downloads, Updates & Documents

Thanks Amanda, maybe they need to fix the KB articles that say that users need to download the full version for this...

And these messages in the other 10.02 downloads:

Synchronization Services
If synchronization is employed, and any users are on version 10.0.2, the sync service must be upgraded.
Note: Updated Sync Services are included in the full ACT! 2008 (10.0.2) product download.

Also, do you know where the trial of ACT! 10 can be downloaded from now?

BTW Amanda, I told the local Australian office today about the Sync Service files being added to the Downloads page after they told users they would have to buy a support incident to get them sent to them...

If you decide you want to visit the best country in the world, we ACT! users out here could really do with someone like you :-)

Copper Elite Contributor

Yes I do have remote users to synchronise and I'm confused as you might be as to whether the 10.0.2 update here listed and already downloaded includes the updated sync services or whether I need the "full" build.

If not answered in the next 10 hours I'm going to try it out anyway.

Thanks for help from across the ditch, Mike 

Stephen Buckland
Copper Elite Contributor

I got as far as the "Remove" or "Repair" options screen. I tried "Repair" but the installer couldn't find the *.msi file and stopped. It has restored ACT to v10.0.1, so with a day's work looming, thus no time to upgrade 4 PCs, I've abandoned the upgrade for the moment. I had so wanted to tick the "solved" box.

More help please! 

Stephen Buckland
Copper Elite Contributor

I tried to upgrade another machine. This time, a notebook which has a database I sync remotely.

I tried the remove option which duly appeared to remove v 10.0.1.199 then ran the update file ACT! 10.0.2 Premium Update (Australia)

ACT reinastalled but according to "Help - About ACT" I am still running v10.0.1.199.

Where do I find the light at the end of the tunnel? 

Stephen Buckland
Copper Contributor

Version number should have been updated...