Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

1 Opportunity, multiple Customers, each with their own price structure. Can it be done?

1 Opportunity, multiple Customers, each with their own price structure. Can it be done?

Act! Premium Version 16.1.207.0, Hot Fix 2

Installed on Windows 7

Database is cloud based but Test database is local on my Laptop.

Our company produces a product that is proposed to multiple contacts that are then bidding on the final work.

Different types of companies have different pricing structures.

What I am trying to do....

1. Create an Opportunity that can contain 1 or more products that will be "Bid" to multiple Contacts, each receiving a different price.

a. I would like to be able to use the ACT database to produce proposal forms for each customer.

i.Each Customer will have an associated "multiplier" that is used to adjust the Base Price or Cost.

2. I would also like to create a complex product selector that allows, for example, "Item 1" to have drop down menus that allow for different options.

a. Ideally each option would have it's own price adjustment (+ or -) working on the base price for the selected model number.

I am not asking for someone to reply with step by step instructions on doing this, that would be a lot of work.

I would really just like to know if a.) It is possible and b.) a tool or option that would be a good start to get me started.

Thanks for any input.  Please let me know if my post is confusing.  It's 2am here.

Beaudesign

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."  Abraham Lincoln

Re: 1 Opportunity, multiple Customers, each with their own price structure. Can it be done?

Thank you for your recent post.

It is not possible to have multiple pricing structures within the Act! software. The only way to do this would be to have multiple products with similar names in your product list, each with its own price. However there is nothing stopping you from overwriting the price of the product at the point it is added to an opportunity.

There is nothing in the program that will automatically adjust the price based on a multiplier held within the contact record. You may want to look online to see if there is an addon for the program which will allow this.

In regards to being able to choose from multiple options in each product, this is not a feature but I have seen addons that do allow this. In the UK, Seamless opportunities is an addon which allows this but I don't know if it works with the US version of Act!

I hope this helps.

Peter