Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

+0 in front of most of my contacts phone numbers

+0 in front of most of my contacts phone numbers

Good morning everyone, I use ACT Premium 2010 which I transfered database I had in Goldmine into Act, the problem I have is that most of my contact's phone numbers and fax also have a +0 and it causes me problem that I cannot click the phone number in order to call my clients. Would you know how to remove this +0???

Thanks,

grisou500

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: +0 in front of most of my contacts phone numbers

There is no simple way to fix the phone numbers... usually exporting them to excel fixing them there and then re-merging them with ACT! is the best way
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Grisou500,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Look at the setting for displaying the country code for phone fields - this is found under Tools >  Preferences > General tab - with a check option for 'Always display country code for phone fields'.  Is this option checked (which would cause the inclusion of the values)?

If it is not checked - if you type in a new phone number does the '+0' get added automatically?

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks for responding.

Sorry I forgot to mention this +0 appeers on my Blackberry Torch 9800 and it is not the CompanionLink that causes it.

The check box is not checked. When I enter a new contact it does not add the +0 on my phone.

Thanks,

The two big issues I found with both Companion Link and ACT! Mobile Live are handling of Country Codes and causing duplication of data in ACT!.
See: http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/05/getting-act-on-your-phone.html

You probably have Companion Link set NOT to send Country Codes but have the Blackberry set to 10-digit smart dialling.

Thanks Mike, if I get the Hanheld Contact program would it solve my problem?

The system is asking a Consultant's name, does it mean there will be aother charge for his services on top of the $99?

Thanks,

HHC may solve the problem ... depends on how the data is setup in ACT!. But it's easier to fix the problem without causing duplicates with HHC.

Either way, you have a trial that you can test with.

The reason for the "Consultant Name" is because we don't sell HHC ... the field means we can pass it onto a local consultant that you can get local pricing or other assistance from

Thanks again, I have ACT 2010 Version 12.1.181.0.Hot Fix 1 is'n't supposed to have this function included?

Also do you know if there are any updates for this version, I bought last April?

Thanks,

grisou500

Have what function included?

ACT! 2010 can sync with Outlook, but it messes the country code fields because they don't include it

I am looking at the ACT 2010 cd and it says that there is Software for Handhelds, is that what I need?

Also is there any updates available?

Thanks,

grisou500