Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

АCT! Premium 2010 and Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007

АCT! Premium 2010 and Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007

[ Edited ]

I begin test "АCT! Premium 2010 Version 12" 
I have questions. Seeking answers, I hope to get answers in the forum.
Now looking for answers about the work of ACT! with Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007.
Maybe the questions are simple, but I the beginning of my study of this program.

I am using Microsoft Outlook as e-mail client within ACT!

My questions:
1) I compose a new e-mail message select Group in ACT! and then by clicking on the button in the toolbar "Write E-mail" or choosing E-mail Message from the Write menu.

When created "New message" Microsoft Outlook containing the contacts of the Group falls into the field "To:".

How to create new e-mail message Microsoft Outlook containing contacts of the Group ACT! in the field "Cc:" or "Bcc:"?

2) In "ACT! Address Book" Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007 have email contact from ACT!, but no Group from the ACT! . 
Group from ACT! should be in "ACT! Address Book" Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007? 
How do I add a Group from ACT! in "ACT!
Address Book" Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: АCT! Premium 2010 and Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007

Hello yuriy,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. In regards to your questions:

1) Clicking an email address or Write Email from ACT! will always populate the To: field. The only way to get into the CC: or Bcc: fields is to click the buttons for those fields in the message and select the ACT! contacts from ACT Address Book list.

2) The ACT! address book only contains contacts, as that is all Outlook can recognize. Outlook has no concept of what an ACT! Group is, so therefore cannot display it. You can still email or do a mail merge to a Group by right-clicking in the Group record, selecting "Create Lookup" (which creates a contact lookup from the Group members), then emailing or performing a mail merge with that lookup.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hello Greig,

I am glad that you answered my questions.

1) What if I have such contacts, and more than 1000 of them have to choose such as 200.
How much do I have time, that would select the contacts and put them into the CC: or Bcc: fields?
This is a bad option.I hope that your programmers will find a solution in future versions of ACT!

2) It is a pity that by using Microsoft Outlook you can not select Group as it is done by using as e-mail client ACT! E-mail.

I have another question:
How change the encoding email if I use as e-mail client ACT! E-mail?
I have a lot of email sent in Cyrillic (KOI8-R) and Cyrillic (Windows).
These email is not read.

Platinum Elite Contributor

I'm afraid I don't quite understand the question..I'm not sure what you mean by "change the encoding email". Are you trying to add an Internet Mail account to ACT! Email and are not able to do so?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Directly email is not possible to read because it has the form - Mojibake.
Most often occurs if sent by email is written such as Cyrillic (eg Russian language).
To read the email that would need to change the character encoding.
Other terms like character encoding, character set (charset), and sometimes character map or code page are used almost interchangeably.
This feature (change the character encoding) available in the e-mail client, such as Microsoft Office. .

Mojibake ([modʑibake], lit."Unintelligible sequence of characters"), from the Japanese (moji) "character" + (bake) "change", is the happenstance of incorrect, unreadable characters shown when computer software fails to render text correctly according to its associated character encoding.
Details about Mojibake -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krakozyabry

Details about the character encoding can be read here :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_encoding