Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Zapier & Editing Existing Contact

Nickel Elite Contributor

Zapier & Editing Existing Contact

Is there no way to find and edit an existing contact through Zapier?  I see that you can find and create if not found.  What about updating an existing contact record based on a submission from a webform or survey product?

-----------
Marshall Knapp
AspenTech Consulting Group, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants - Diamond Level
866-880-4ACT (4228)
www.aspen-tech.com
Employee

Re: Zapier & Editing Existing Contact

Not yet, but that's a great suggestion.  

Also, we will likely update the "find and create" to use any field and multiple fields (rather than currently just the email field).  This way you can find a contact under very specific criteria (e.g. firstname = john, lastname = doe, etc..).  That in combination with update an existing contact I think will be quite powerful.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Xavier,

Thanks for your quick reply.  This is holding up a couple of integrations at the moment.  How soon could something like this be added?

-----------
Marshall Knapp
AspenTech Consulting Group, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants - Diamond Level
866-880-4ACT (4228)
www.aspen-tech.com
Copper Contributor

I would like to learn more about how one can use Zapier to integrate with Act. Not sure what is capable through this integration. Anyone have any videos or guides on some of the most common integrations and how that could be implemented?
Administrator

Hi Jag,

We have a number of tutorial videos on how to use Zapier though the Act Connect feature in Act. With these, you can see what's possible and how it can be done. Check out the "What's New" section in our Act! Premium Training Library.

Hi Xavier,

I have come across this series of posts regarding the ACT! Premium and Zapier integrations. I wanted to see if there have been any developments on your side in introducing the ability for users to Search for a contact and then update that specific contact record?

Thanks in advance!

Employee

Yes there have, we're currently testing a "Find and Update or Create Contact" action.  Stay tuned...

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for the reply, this is great to hear and I will certainly keep an eye out!

Do ACT! and Zapier have any indication of proposed timeframes of when this would be introduced? I.e. is ACT! looking to include as part of its V19 release or aim to release prior to year-end for instance?

Thanks again!

Employee

Timing is dependent on a few things, including experience and capabilities (could be as early as before v19 to late as after).  

Currently, only fields that don't have a value are updated.  Would that be acceptable, or would you expect something different?  Would you be interested in participating in a closed beta?

Thanks for the prompt reply again Xavier, this sounds promising.

Does the fields without a value include making a "new history" entry on that existing contact record? At the moment, I am trying to achieve the following;

1. "Find the contact" using the current "Searches" method with the Zapier integration. The individual contact record could be found by the "primary email address" or (after development) another field for instance a unique ID reference only assigned to the contact.

2. Once the contact in ACT has been found as outlined above. I would like to be able to "Add New History" to the contact.

I would be interested in participating in a closed beta, what would be the necessary steps to do so?