Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What new Act triggers are being planned for use with Zapier?

Nickel Super Contributor

What new Act triggers are being planned for use with Zapier?

The only trigger right now for Act is "New Contact". For those who don't know, triggers a what starts a process that a Zap can use. New Contact is useful but I would like to suggest at least one other:

• New/rescheduled activity.

If this were available you could update something like Acuity with your schedule. 

I know this needs to have further specs developed but wanted to know if it was on the radar?

Steve McCandlish
Employee

Re: What new Act triggers are being planned for use with Zapier?

Absolutely, both activity and opportunity triggers were feedback in the conference and on the backlog.  

--Xavier

Nickel Super Contributor

Do you have a "publish" cycle for the WebAPI like the product group has? It would be nice to know approximately when new features would be available.

Steve McCandlish
Employee

Hi,

Internally we release bi-weekly, but we don't have a set cadence for public releases of Web API currenlty.  That's a largely because we're trying to keep Premium and Premium Cloud API releases close together, but that's certainly something we can change.  Would you prefer to see more API releases for Premium, with the caveat that Premium Cloud might trail a bit, meaning newer API capabilities might not be published there right away?  Another option is we could initiate more closed early releases of API, meaning not generally available as part of Act!, but available to ACCs and developers?  Point is I think we want feedback and to accomdidate fast ACC & third party development.

Lastly, I should mention that Zapier capabilities are independent of the API (unless of course there's API changes needed first).  E.g., the new triggers in Zapier don't require new versions of the API (they do require work of course).

HTH,

--Xavier

I may be miss-understanding what product this is available for. We have the self managed version of Act installed on our server, it's act premium and has the API etc which we use for several systems, but I wasn't aware of the concept of triggers? I've looked for web hooks but couldn't source anything we could make use of. How do I enable and make use of triggers to external endpoints?

Thanks
Highlighted
Employee

@justinmays we're talking about Act! Zapier triggers (Zapier has the notion of actions and triggers).  

You're correct that our Web API currently doesn't support web hooks (that's on the road map).  Polling is what is used en lieu of web hooks currently.