Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WebHooks notifications

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

WebHooks notifications

Hello,

I wonder how we can install a notification service?
Where can we download the act.webhook.notification.exe file, and how to generate Tenants?

(We have registered webhooks for contact: create/update and for opportunities: create/update. All hooks are displayed correctly at "/act.web.api/api/webhooks" but there are no requests to registered URLs.)

Please assist

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rorlov
‎04-03-2019 02:09 AM
Employee

Re: WebHooks notifications

[ Edited ]

Sorry, it took so long, so I found the issue.  The link I provided for v19 does not container the updater, but the v19 API installer.  Since you are on V19.2 and you want to add webhooks that was added to v20.0, you will need to run the updater for V20 or greater to add webhooks.  It is the same API just a different installer.

https://www.act.com/download/download-act!-premium-v21

This link has the updater and not the API installer.  You can use this updater on All versions of ACT from v18.2 or greater.  You will noticed the exe is a different name (updateractwebapi_v1.0.237.0.exe.  This will create a new act.webhook.notifications folder in the root ACT folder as mentioned in my above responses.  After you in stall this, you will still need to installutil -i act.webhook.notifications.exe to add this to the windows services.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Still waiting for an answer...
Anyone?

Any information would help. We need to resolve this issue ASAP

Thanks

Employee

The act.webhook.notification.exe is installed with the latest version of Act!, however if you just updated the API to version 1.0.375 and did not use the Act installer, the executable is installed, but not registered.  You can register this service using the installutil tool located here:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe

You can copy the 3 files: InstallUtil.exe, InstallUtil.exe.config, and InstallUtilLib.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\act.webhook.notifications\bin or just add C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319 to your command PATH (environmental variables).

1.  Validate that the web-hooks service is installed, You should have a folder located at C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\act.webhook.notifications.

If Act! and the WebAPI are located in there default locations, you should just be able to register this service using the command prompt.

C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\act.webhook.notifications\bin>installutil -i act.webhook.notifications.exe

After successfully installing this service, open window services (Type service in the windows search box).  You should see a service named:

Act! WebHook Messenger.

Just start the service.  Remember, each time you start or stop this service is will modify the database login "ACTWEBHOOKS" password and update webhooks and the API's configuration files (it uses Act! to do this, so make sure Act! is working if this fails).

FYI:  If Act! or the WebAPI are not located in the default locate parent folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT", than you will have to tell the webhooks service where it is located.  You can stop the service and open the act.webhook.notification.exe.config file.  Modify these appSettings in the config:  FileAndPathToApiWebConfig, FileAndPathToActWebApiHostingExe.

The documentation should have been published, but I can't seem to find it out there, I will track it down and posted the URL to this link.  You will need this document if you are configuring webhooks for a cloud deploy.

Copper Contributor

If the web-hooks service is not installed, how I can install it manually?

API located at C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\

We have Act Premium v19.2.146.0 and latest API v1.0.375 

Employee

[ Edited ]

So you do not have this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\act.webhook.notifications?

This should have been installed when you ran the API updater for API v1.0.375.  Can you confirm that you ran the updater

Act! Premium Web API

https://www.act.com/download/download-act!-premium-v19

File name: actwebapi_v1.0.375.0.exe

Employee

You have to copy this URL into your browser, for some reason the LINK doesn't work correctly.

https://www.act.com/download/download-act!-premium-v19

Copper Contributor

Yes, actwebapi_v1.0.375.0.exe was installed.

{
 "apiVersion": "1.0.375.0",
 "sdkVersion": "19.2.146.0"
}

@sburton we still don't have C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\act.webhook.notifications
What can we do in this case?

Thanks

Employee

The Act! installer for 21.0 installs the webhooks service, but the updater should also be adding the webhooks folder as well.  I will installing the updater on my test boxes to see if I can duplicate this issue.