Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Update 7

Update 7

We’ve just updated to Act! Premium (Web) Version 21.0.295.0, Update 7 (we were on Update 6).

Our application no longer works with the Act Web API as expected.

We are using a regex in a $filter operation which no longer returns any results. Is that not supported anymore? Also, queries are now case sensitive.

Are there other changes we need to be aware of? I can’t see any mention of API changes in your documentation.

Were these changes intentional? I’m unsure whether to roll back to Update 6 or try to work around these changes. I’m worried that there are other changes that we’ve not noticed yet.

Employee

Re: Update 7

[ Edited ]

Is the $filter= command just not working or is it just returning no results?

The API did update the Microsoft Odata layer to the latest release (5.7 to 7.1+), but that should not have broke anything.  OData is case sensitive by default, you can use the tolower() functions to make it case insensitive.

https://www.odata.org/documentation/odata-version-2-0/uri-conventions/

string tolower(string p0) https://services.odata.org/Northwind/Northwind.svc/Customers?$filter=tolower(CompanyName) eq 'alfre...
string toupper(string p0) https://services.odata.org/Northwind/Northwind.svc/Customers?$filter=toupper(CompanyName) eq 'ALFRE...

Thanks for your help.

The $filter command (using a regex) returns no results, obviously it did produce results before the update.

I don't understand how our application has been doing case insensitive queries. I'll try the tolower function.

Employee

Can you post the regex query that you are using so I can try to replicate the issue.  It might be that OData 5.7 didn't code to the OData specification.  I didn't have any test that validated 'case'  without coding for the tolower() function.  So you might be correct that the upgrade affected your queries.

The tolower function works as you suggested, thanks. We still need to integrate it in to our application.

The filter query would be something like /api/companies/?$filter=startswith(siteref, '[A-Z]')  and contains(name, 'Wollo'), where siteref is a custom field. Maybe this was never really supported, but it was working! We can work around that anyway.

Looks like I spoke too soon about the tolower function. It worked fine when I testing it out with Postman.

/api/companies/?$filter=contains(tolower(name), tolower('woLLo'))

However, in our application the request is made with $top=100 and we get no results. I also tried it in Postman but got no results.

api/companies/?$filter=contains(tolower(name),tolower('woLLo'))&$top=100

Highlighted
Employee

I am working on a fix for this issue right now.  Let you know when the release is scheduled.