Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Some questions about Activities...

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Some questions about Activities...

1. GUIDs: I appreciate it sort of breaks the CRUD convention, but is it feasible to include a menthod to create a GUID within the API?
  2. How does one clear an Activity. I presume Delete does an erase?
  3. Can we have a method to return a list of ActivityTypes and their status (Active or Inactive)?
  4. Are there plans to enable the creation of a custom ActivityType?

Explanations for requests:

1. Though it's possible to create GUIDS from 3rd party JS libs, it would reduce the steps involved in creating a new Activity.
  2. Self explanatory! Haha
  3. This is very important for 3rd party devs to ensure no typos are made or that an attempt to call a non-existant AcivityType are made. 
  4. Again for 3rd Party devs and integrators, being able to create custom ActivityTypes can be important to ensure conformity and/or Origin.

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author vivek
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

Re: Some questions about Activities...

1.  I'm not sure I understand the desire here.  GUIDs are never needed to be generated to use the API, you can basically treat the ID as an opaque, uniqe string.  Creating a record (typically via POST) will fill in the GUID for you, just don't include the field in the model you pass in, you'll see it in the returned model and location header.  Creating a new Activity, e.g., does not require you to include a GUID.

2.  Defect - you'll be able to PUT an activity and change a field likely.

3 & 4.  Both make sense to add to our roadmap in some form.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author vivek
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

1.  I'm not sure I understand the desire here.  GUIDs are never needed to be generated to use the API, you can basically treat the ID as an opaque, uniqe string.  Creating a record (typically via POST) will fill in the GUID for you, just don't include the field in the model you pass in, you'll see it in the returned model and location header.  Creating a new Activity, e.g., does not require you to include a GUID.

2.  Defect - you'll be able to PUT an activity and change a field likely.

3 & 4.  Both make sense to add to our roadmap in some form.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Thanks Xavier for the clarification, I didn't realise that ID was not required fro a POST.

Great to know re 2,3 & 4 thanks.
Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog