Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Screen popping a contact based on phone number

Re: Screen popping a contact based on phone number

Thanks for this quick update.

What the people on this thread are trying to do is to pop the contact in the browser based on its internal ID.

From my perspective, I am able to derive the ID from a telephone number using your json API just fine. I just cant then take the user to the correct contact page.

Do you know if there is any other way to achieve what we are trying to do?

Many thanks,

Simon.

Administrator

Yep, I completely understand what you're trying to do. Unfortunately the contact section doesn't seem to use the same ID system for navigating between contacts - essentially contactDetail.aspx just ignores any queries after the main string of the URL. For example, if you try to go to:

<your site>/contactDetails.aspx?AnythingAtAllGoesHere

It still takes you to the default contact.

Trying to do this in the companies section will generate an error and log you out, I believe that the contact section simply doesn't handle URLs in this way and so I can't see how you could directly navigate there, sorry.

Hopefully if the Dev's can shine some light on the issue there may be an alternative path.

Thanks.

Yes - the best I can do currently is use the companyId from the contact (assuming you have set the linkage up and actually defined a company entity for all your contacts) and pass that to the companydetails.aspx

...which works fine but it obviously not ideal.

Thanks for pursuing this anyway.

Hi,

Have development come back with any view on what it will take to fix this and when?

Thanks,

Simon.

Administrator

Hi Simon,

There's an ongoing conversation about this within the product team - no specified fix date but it's definitely on the radar, I'll keep this thread updated as I know more.
Highlighted

I would like to add that we are also looking for this requirment.

Robin