Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a way to get a list of deleted records since a certain date?

Is there a way to get a list of deleted records since a certain date?

Is there a way to get a list of record ids that were deleted since a certain date?

I can get all non-deleted records using this command:

/Act.Web.API/api/contacts?$skip=0&$top=500&$filter=(edited gt 2017-08-17T16:18:58Z)

But this does not tell me which records were deleted on the web since that date. Is there a way to get a list of the ids that have been deleted since a specified date?

Employee

Re: Is there a way to get a list of deleted records since a certain date?

Act! doesn't soft delete records, they are hard deleted; there's currently no way to query via API or otherwise for deleted records.  

That being said, having a delete feed along with webhooks (events) is something that's targeted long term.  In particular, to support synchronization use cases via API.

Best,

--Xavier

Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Jon211,

You can use the History List and select the Type | System Changes | Contact Changes  | Contact Deleted.

You will then see your list of all Deleted Contacts as recorded automatically by the User Records (assuming the Histories haven't been deleted too!).

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

> Act! doesn't soft delete records, they are hard deleted; there's currently no way to query via API or otherwise for deleted records.  

Xavier,

As far as I understand Act!, there is a text entry made in the tracking file for Act! Sync for all deleted records. 

Would you consider exposing (read only) this tracking file both for the Framework API and also the REST API?  Maybe a command that would let us upload the first xx bytes of the tracking; 1024 or 2048 or something like that.

Web hooks are also important.  In particular, we need a hook for whenever data is changed in Act! (I.e. an entry is made to the internal tracking file).  We get this from Google and it is really cool to see a PC sync system kick in whenever a change is made on a website.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
CompanionLink Software, Inc.
http://www.companionlink.com

David, thanks for the reply.

Jon211 was specifically looking for the Contact ID. The history file holds information about the deleted record, but lacks the actual ID of the deleted record. Without the technically correct marker, a program must rely on name parsing and matching, which would not be accurate for two records of the same name (dedupe process).
Wayland Bruns, CTO
CompanionLink Software, Inc.
http://www.companionlink.com