Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Invalid Database / Server Combo when DB server is another machine than WEB/API server.

Copper Contributor

Invalid Database / Server Combo when DB server is another machine than WEB/API server.

I am trying to set up the Web API on our webserver. I've played around on my local machine, where everything works perfectly.

However, our webserver "V18-APFW01" is another machine than our database server "V18-DB".

Is this even possible, and how can this be set up?

I get the following response from the API (when doing a click on the Test button in the API testpage) :

An error has occurred.

Invalid Database / Server Combo

System.UnauthorizedAccessException

" at act.web.api.Auth.ActConnector.GetUserID(String username, String password, String server, String database, Boolean recycled) at...

How does the API know where to find the database? Can I point it to the database? I've tried:

"Act-Database-Name" : "V18-DB\Demov18",

but that didn't work..

Greetings,

ACT Certified Consultants
TendenZ
the Netherlands
Employee

Re: Invalid Database / Server Combo when DB server is another machine than WEB/API server.

[ Edited ]

Yes it is absolutely possible.  

However you have configured Act! for Web, Web API will use the same configuration.  You can configure additional databases just like you would Act! for Web.  Caveat is that older versions of Web API only looked in the default location for admin.xml.

The database name value in the header should be just the name (no server info):  "Demov18" in your case I believe.

Copper Contributor

Re: Invalid Database / Server Combo when DB server is another machine than WEB/API server.

.Hi Xavier,

thanks for your answer.

I started testing with only 'Demov18' in the database name, but that didn't work, same message.

How can I see which version of the API I have?

Some files are of 7-1-2016, some are of 17-12-2015.

And the 'Demov18' is present C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web\PadFiles\Admin.xml:

-<virtualDirectory name="APFW">

<database valid="True" dbHost="V18-DB" dbName="Demov18"/>

</virtualDirectory>

Greetings,

TendenZ
the Netherlands
Employee

The file themselves as well as assembly info should be versioned.  

Copper Contributor

After installing the newest API this problem was solved.

Greetings,

TendenZ
the Netherlands