Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Interested in Developing on the API

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Interested in Developing on the API

Hello Act API community! 

I've been an ACT desktop user for about 6 years now, and am just upgrading to the hosted web platform. 

I'm having trouble finding any documentation around the web API, and I'm curious if I should be applying directly with ACT directly for the SDK. 

I have some pretty basic server side python and javascript experience, and I'm interested in using webhooks to notify my slack channel when certain things happen in the database (new opportunity, etc). I'd really appreciate a nudge in the right direction around whether or not this is possible, and where to look for documentation.

Thanks!

Spencer  

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author spencerAllen
‎11-20-2015 02:38 PM
Employee

Re: Interested in Developing on the API

Hi Spencer,

Web API documentation is currently self-hosted, meaning you install the bits on top of Act! and you can read the docs.  It does sound like Web API might be the right path for you.  We don't have webhooks implemented yet, which means you'll need to poll for data on a periodic basis, say by create or edit date.  

An easier approach might be to use a Zappier zap to hook the Act! and Slack.  We'll be releasing that shortly.  Opportunties will also be included in Web API shortly.  You'll be able to simply configure an Act! opportunity trigger to zap to a Slack channel.  

Hope this helps,

--Xavier

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author spencerAllen
‎11-20-2015 02:38 PM
Employee

Hi Spencer,

Web API documentation is currently self-hosted, meaning you install the bits on top of Act! and you can read the docs.  It does sound like Web API might be the right path for you.  We don't have webhooks implemented yet, which means you'll need to poll for data on a periodic basis, say by create or edit date.  

An easier approach might be to use a Zappier zap to hook the Act! and Slack.  We'll be releasing that shortly.  Opportunties will also be included in Web API shortly.  You'll be able to simply configure an Act! opportunity trigger to zap to a Slack channel.  

Hope this helps,

--Xavier

Being a developer I am also interested in to develop API for my act plaatform

Administrator

We now have a dedicated API documentation portal. Head over to https://developer.act.com for all the info you'll need.

Hii Gary Thank you so much for your support!