Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to get Current Contact from ACT! Web API?

How to get Current Contact from ACT! Web API?

For more than 10 years, when we integrate QwikQuote with ACT! Desktop application, we get Current Contact by calling Act.UI.ActApplication.ApplicationState.CurrentContact when our code is running.  You know, in many cases, that contact is what 3rd party features most interested. We love it indeed.

Does anybody know how to get the similar current contact in ACT! Web API integrate environment?

This is urgent and help is greatly appreciated.

(We can pay for how to get this function in current ACT! Wet API. If you have solution for this, please contact us at support@qwikquote.com )

Re: How to get Current Contact from ACT! Web API?

I have moved this thread to our: Act! Premium Web API forum as it would be better answered here

Copper Elite Contributor

I was told last year in Scottsdale, that this feature is currently not built in, and that Swiftpage is considering a new Section, something like a Web-SDK, that should provide this information,

unfortunaly i did not recive any update about the web SDK, If, and when it may be launched 

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Employee

Great question - Web API (and REST APIs in general) are effectively data APIs, and are meant to be rather stateless.  There's no context of a logged in user in Act! whether Windows or web.  The SDK (Windows and Web respectively) is still the correct way to interact with the application, both for getting context of the current user, and any UI interaction.  Longer term we may introduce a web js library, in which you could inject "add-ins" more dynamically and remotely (today as you know you have to install add-ins physically), and say get context of the current user as well as consume Web API, but we're not quite there yet.

Best,

--Xavier

Thanks for the reply.
In the SDK, I find Act.Web.Framework.ACTSessionManager.CurrentContactID which seems to be exactly what we need. However, I have difficulty how to use it. Can you please show some sample or shine some light how to access this information from 3rd party integration.

Employee

Bronze Super Contributor

The link is wrong and should be... https://community.act.com/t5/Act-Developer-s-Forum/Sage-ACT-Premium-for-Web-plugin-presentation/td-p... HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org