Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Histories and Activities features and change requests

Bronze Elite Contributor

Histories and Activities features and change requests

[ Edited ]

So we've been playing a bit more with these entities and I suspect that you guys in engineering are already aware but there are a couple of issues or known issues I just wanted to highlight:

1. Histories: no endpoint to get all histories. We're currently having to use the convoluted workaround of itterating through the api/contacts/{contactid}/history endpoint.
  2. Histories: JSON response only contains the HistoryTypeID but no HistoryTypeName, and there is no endpoint for api/gethistorytypes
  3. Histories: Would it not make more sense to strip the Details data of RTF formatting at the API end rather than putting that burden onto the ned user dev?
  4. Activities: Contact collections always return a value of null and not an empty collection or populated collection of ContactIDs
  5. Users: from the API documentation the User JSON object would split the name into FirstName and Last name, is this correct? Would it not be more standard to the Act! experience if it just returned the full UserLogin value (the same would also be for the Contact object to return FullName rather than fname, lname suffix and prefix as seperate fields)?

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Employee

Re: Histories and Activities features and change requests

Hi,

1. GET /api/history I believe should return all histories

2. Correct, much of picklist and metadata isn't exposed currently.  

3. Yep, likely it will be an option to get details raw vs formatted

4. Getting contacts per activites is an expensive operation.  When you query for multiple activities, we don't fill this in as a result.  However, when you access a single activity, we do fill this in.

5. Getting a bit more insight into this, but probably yes.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Histories and Activities features and change requests

Thanks Xavier,

1. Can confirm that the endpoint api/history returns the collection of histories. Just for ref for others playing with the API, you can also use the api/history/{historyID} to return a specific history record.

2. How about returnign the historyTypeName or does would that complicate the backend?

3. Cool!

4. Ok yeah I understand the decision now, makes sense when you start considering large datasets.

5. Thanks.

I'm actually starting to enjoy playing with the API now, it really does give much more freedom to just play with other tools out there in the wild and just do crazy stuff, especially with ETL tools

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog