Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom fields missing in GET /api/opportunities/{opportunityId}/products/{id}

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Custom fields missing in GET /api/opportunities/{opportunityId}/products/{id}

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to access products / services through the WebAPI, but I'm not happy with the result so far. Try as I might, I can't get it to show the custom fields. All I get are the standard fields.

{ "id": "someID",

"name": "someName",

"cost": 0,

"createDate": "2018-03-01T11:12:50+01:00",

"discount": 0,

"discountPrice": 1.9,

"editDate": "2018-03-23T15:53:05+01:00",

"itemNumber": "someItemNumber",

"opportunityID": "someOppID",

"price": 1.9,

"productID": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",

"quantity": 1,

"total": 1.9 },

The items were added by simply clicking "Add item" within the Opp, so not throught the product list.

Any help much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thomas_Benn-MS
Tuesday
Administrator

Re: Custom fields missing in GET /api/opportunities/{opportunityId}/products/{id}

The API team are looking at this issue now, it looks like Opportunity Products don't currently have mappings for custom entities - but they should.

Hopefully, they'll be able to build this functionality into a upcoming release quite quickly.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

Re: Custom fields missing in GET /api/opportunities/{opportunityId}/products/{id}

BTW, the standard field "type" is missing as well (it's called "itemtype" in the SQL db).

Copper Contributor

Is there any more information I could provide? I'd really like to get an answer to this.
Administrator

Hi Thomas,

I've raised this query to our API Dev team - so we should have an answer soon.

Thanks for your patience!
Copper Contributor

Thank you Jonny.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thomas_Benn-MS
Tuesday
Administrator

The API team are looking at this issue now, it looks like Opportunity Products don't currently have mappings for custom entities - but they should.

Hopefully, they'll be able to build this functionality into a upcoming release quite quickly.
Copper Contributor

Sounds great. Thank you.
Employee

Released a new API v.1.0.265.0 that will fix this issue:  However, if you are on Act Premium cloud, it will be released Friday night.

You can download from these sites:

https://www.act.com/download/download-act!-premium-v19

https://www.act.com/download/download-act!-premium-v20

The Type (item_type) is included in the customFields now, the API was not able to add it to a model, but it will always show in custom fields.