Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating Contact via API, created date not working

Creating Contact via API, created date not working

Hi,

I'm trying to set the "created" date when creating a Contact via the API (POST: /api/contacts), as I'm adding some retrospective contacts. But when I check in the UI under "Contact Access" then "History" and then "Create Date" it's showing the date when the post was received and not what was sent in the POST request. I'm not receiving any errors so I just wanted to check this was actually possible?

Many thanks.

Employee

Re: Creating Contact via API, created date not working

Hello,

This is a great question. The 'CreateDate' is listed as when it was received due to the setting being applied by Act! and not the API. In order to enable the feature you are asking, this will have to be a setting that is modified in the database to enable this, rather than being passed through the API. The setting applied to the API itself will be overridden by Act! in this instance. 

To alleviate confusion, we will be looking into disabling the ability to modify read-only field types in the API to alleviate this, as it does seem, today, that they can be edited when Act! actually controls the setting and how it's displayed. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Jeff Hanrahan

Re: Creating Contact via API, created date not working

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the prompt response.

So the answer is no it's not possible to set the "created" date from the API, that's a shame but does make sense.