Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create New Contact w/ Zapier = 500 Error

Nickel Elite Contributor

Create New Contact w/ Zapier = 500 Error

I'm trying to create a new contact via a Zap and I can't seem to work around the error below when testing my Zap:

We hit an error creating a contact. :-( Error: 
usp1-iis-02.hosted1.act.com returned (500) Internal Server Error and said "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I have other Zaps that have used this same instance of Act! successfully in the past and they fail with the same error now as well.  Should I be looking at the database to see if something changed there or is this a problem with the API on that Act! Cloud instance?

-----------
Marshall Knapp
AspenTech Consulting Group, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants - Diamond Level
866-880-4ACT (4228)
www.aspen-tech.com

Re: Create New Contact w/ Zapier = 500 Error

I'm having the same issue. When I run my Zap and it finds the email in ACT, the Zap is successful. If no email exists, ACT throws the error code.

Working with ACT Support today to try and figure it out. So far they're not pinpointing anything.

Re: Solved_Create New Contact w/ Zapier = 500 Error

Short version: Set a value for the "IsCreatedByHHC" field. I set it to "no" and successfully retested the step. Contact created!

Long version

I read the following posts:

The references in the posts to "create date" and "null" fields prompted me to check and to see if the fields provided on the Zap referenced any "created" fields. The "IsCreatedByHHC" is the only field that references a "created" activity that is changeable. I clicked on the little circles beside the field which lead me to the following article - https://zapier.com/help/field-types/#truefalse-boolean-using-checkboxes.

I went back and set the field to "no," retested, and was successful!