Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

/Authorize error

/Authorize error

I am receiving an error when calling the "/Act.Web.API/authorize" page. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

I have installed Act! Premium 18x501, using Act! Web API 1.0.37.0. Windows 10.

I am able to access the "/Act.Web.API/help" page on the computer just fine.

I am receiving an error when attempting to connect to the authorize page.

I checked the Act! install folder for that "PadFiles" path mentioned in the error, and the "PadFiles" directory does not exist.

HTTP result code 500: Internal Server Error:

{
"message": "An error has occurred.",
"exceptionMessage": "Could not find a part of the path 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ACT\\Act for Windows\\PadFiles\\Admin.xml'.",
"exceptionType": "System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException",
"stackTrace": " at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)\r\n at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)\r\n at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)\r\n at act.web.api.Auth.ActConnector.GetAllowedServers()\r\n at act.web.api.Auth.ActConnector.GetUserID(String username, String password, String server, String database, Boolean recycled)\r\n at act.web.api.Security.AuthMessageHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\r\n at System.Net.Http.HttpMessageInvoker.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpRoutingDispatcher.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\r\n at System.Net.Http.DelegatingHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Cors.CorsMessageHandler.<SendAsync>d__0.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at System.Web.Http.HttpServer.<SendAsync>d__0.MoveNext()"
}

Nickel Contributor

Re: /Authorize error

Does the account that is running the API (i.e. web service) have access to that folder on the server? I'm not familiar with the Web API, but that really seems like a permission issue on the server.