Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium Cloud API Filter is producing an error

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act Premium Cloud API Filter is producing an error

I'm trying to perform an API call to retrieve Activities in my Act Premium Cloud Database like so (Myserver and myusername are of course replaced by the real vales)

https://myserver/myusername-api/Act.Web.Api/api/activities?$filter=activityTypeName eq 'Appointment'

But this is returning the error :

Error retrieving a list of Activity Instances for the specified Accessors: The multi-part identifier \"AT.NAME\" could not be bound.",

and a very long Exception error 

at Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityManagerDB.GetActivityBaseRows(DateTime startRange, DateTime endRange)

The same is for the field activityPriorityName. Am I missing something reagarding these fields? I've alos attached the whole response

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dante
Tuesday
Employee

Re: Act Premium Cloud API Filter is producing an error

[ Edited ]

We just release a new version of the API 1.0.228.0. that fixes this issue.

Act! version 19.2 and below:   https://www.act.com/download/download-act!-premium-v19

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi there Dante,

There are some known issues with ODATA queries on some fields - not all fields are supported currently.

Having tested this myself, I'm getting the same response, looks like a defect in the API here.

I'm going to raise this to our API developers to see if they can shine any light on it.

Thank you Jon for the swift response. I would appreciate a follow up on the dev team's answer.

Administrator

Of course, as soon as I have more info I'll let you know.

For now I've moved this post to the API Development board for more visibility.

Administrator

Hi there Dante,

I've received an update on this issue from our Dev team.

Currently due to limitations of the API - ODATA queries on activityTypeName and activityPriorityName are not working in all cases. However, it looks like they've already identified the issue, and will be working to implement this feature into future builds quickly.

Thank you for the update and for clearing up this issue. Will keep this limitation in mind.

Solution
Accepted by topic author Dante
Tuesday
Employee

[ Edited ]

We just release a new version of the API 1.0.228.0. that fixes this issue.

Act! version 19.2 and below:   https://www.act.com/download/download-act!-premium-v19

Is this update not applicable to Premium Cloud? Do I have to perform an update to my account to get the API change ?

Highlighted
Employee

[ Edited ]

We will be deploying to Act! Premium Cloud today, starting around 4 PM and should finish up around 11 PM Arizona time (estimates).  If everything goes as planed, should have the update by tomorrow.