Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

500 API Response

Re: 500 API Response

We are not using a service account and the user does have full access to that directory

Employee

We run into something like this with our Act! Premium with shared database, We discovered that it is not only the user that needs access to the folder, but the API service needs access as well.  We couldn't get Network Services to write the attachment, so we had to change the app pool identity to a network account and add that account to the folder as well.

Employee

I'm still building a lab with your configuration to duplicate this, but if you don't have time to try that, don't worry about it.  I will figure this out once my lab is setup.

Highlighted

I was able to remove NetworkServices and add a network account with permissions to attachments. We will test this now

[ Edited ]

sburton,

Specially upload files calls are taking long time. Around 1.5 min taken to upload single pdf file. First we create document history and upload doc on that history id and next time when re-upload file, first delete attachment history and re-upload document on that same history id.

Anything you can suggest?

Is there a way to submit a stack trace? I got the error to happen to a different endpoint using the supplied Swagger UI. The forum keeps removing my post anytime I add the code

{
  "message": "An error has occurred.",
  "exceptionMessage": "Object synchronization method was called from an unsynchronized block of code.",
  "exceptionType": "System.ApplicationException",
  "stackTrace": "   at System.Threading.Mutex.ReleaseMutex()
   at act.web.api.Auth.ActUserInstanceSDK.EndUserSession()
   at act.web.api.Security.Principal.EndUserSession()
   at act.web.api.Security.SecureMessageAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsync>b__9(Principal p)
   at Microsoft.Ajax.Utilities.AjaxMinExtensions.IfNotNull[TObject](TObject obj, Action`1 action)
   at act.web.api.Security.SecureMessageAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsync>d__c.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.AuthenticationFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__1.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__1.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Cors.CorsMessageHandler.<SendAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Extensions.Compression.Server.BaseServerCompressionHandler.<SendAsync>d__21.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.HttpServer.<SendAsync>d__0.MoveNext()"
}
Administrator

Sorry about that bsantore, the forum spam filter was removing your posts automatically. I've restored the post above containing the stack-trace!

No worries. I figured as much.