Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

selecting history Data

selecting history Data

I'm working on a report using Crystal reports accessing the database using OLEDB.

One of the requirments of the report is to display the date of a particular change that occurs for 1 field.

The change is recorded in the Contact History table.

The problem is how do i get the date for that 1 particular change.

The change is stored in the Details column which has a datatype of NVARCHAR(1073741823) which i belive is displayed as a memo field.

I'm not aware how i am able to search memo fields for the particular words of the field change in order to determine the date the change took place.

Is this possible to do? Is it easier to do this using the SDK?

Thanks in advance for your assitance.

Copper Contributor

Re: selecting history Data

The Contact_History Table actually only links Contact ID's and History ID's. All that will show you is the GUID Contacts and the associated History GUID. The Edit Date field in TBL_History is a better place to track a change. If that changes then you would want to pull the Details field. As far as tracking a particular word change you would have to do some comparison between what the string was before to what it is after the change and then pull any non matching words... The SDK might be able to help you if you plan on storing field info else where to compare against at a later time.

Re: selecting history Data

I don't actually have a TBL_History table. The only histroy tables i have COMPANY_HISTORY, CONTACT_HISTORY and GROUP_HISTORY.

I have the details field in all these tables and this is where i'm wanting to track the change.