Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

newbe cannot logon to remote server with SDK

Avid Listener

newbe cannot logon to remote server with SDK

Hi,

I have a simple application to logon to the demo database and check if a contact exists.  I have this working on a developement server with a local copy of ACT installed. When I attempt to logon to my production server of ACT on a different machine, I am unable to connect. I have many different scenerios with no luck.

when using:

actFwk.LogOn("C:\Data\ACT2011Demo.pad", "Chris Huffman", "")

do I use a local .pad file with a pointer to the remote server database files, or use the server .pad file pointing to its own local database files?

Can anyone give me some actual samples using a remote server?

I have tried to use 

actFwk.LogOn("login", "pw", "host", "database")

as well, I was able to get an error message:

Act.Framework.SupplementalFiles.MissingWorkgroupFilesException

which I believe means it found the database, but cannot access the support files.

I have verified that the database is shared.

Can anyone shed some light on loging on to a remote server(with real sample code)?

I would think this is the way many people use it.

I have ACT 2001 premium installed on both servers.

thanks

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: newbe cannot logon to remote server with SDK

Hiya,

It sounds possibly like a dB sharing issue. Just ensure that you have the dB shared from Tools->dB Maintenance and that you have network permissions to the supplemental folders etc.
Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Avid Listener

OK it looks like i am narowing down the problem. When I try to access the SQL ACT server from the website(in a DMZ).

I get a login failure unknown user name or bad password.

In the security logs on the ACT server it shows logon failure for the IUSR account.

Can someone tell me what I have to enable to get this connection?

Thanks

Bronze Elite Contributor

ok the error is basically you entered an incorrect username and/or password. But if you are trying to access the dB on a server you would pass the framework the following actfwk.Logon("\\server\folder\padFile","user","password");
HTH
Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Avid Listener

Thanks for the reply, What I found was, since I am trying to connect to the server from the DMZ website,  The credentials passed  from the website(DMX) to the ACT server were not accepted, which is before it got to the ACT login. This was verified by Microsoft, who substantially said, this was not possible.  I was able to get it to work by setting up a webservice on the ACT server, and calling that service thru the webpages.