Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

instalation to e: drive

instalation to e: drive

I am a new user and have tried to install ACT Prov16 onto my surface 3 with windows 8.1 OS.  As the install begins I see that all the files are being written to e: drive.  my PC does not have an e: drive.  ater the install is completed i get an error message stating

/ The "(local)" computer could not be reached because IP address "" could not be resolved.../

When I try to launch my SQLServer (ACT7) Service I get the following error messages. I'm not installing anything on Drive letter E: but I keep getting this message and the service won't start.
2015-05-06 15:06:59.37 spid6s FileMgr:Smiley FrustratedtartLogFiles: Operating system error 2(The system cannot find the file specified.) occurred while creating or opening file 'e:\sql10_main_t.obj.x86fre\sql\mkmastr\databases\objfre\i386\MSDBLog.ldf'. Diagnose and correct the operating system error, and retry the operation.
2015-05-06 15:06:59.37 spid6s FCB:Smiley Surprisedpen failed: Could not open file e:\sql10_main_t.obj.x86fre\sql\mkmastr\databases\objfre\i386\MSDBData.mdf for file number 1. OS error: 3(The system cannot find the path specified.).

Jerry