Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

can i translate ACT! - all of it , menus , tabs, buttons , forms, all of it?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

can i translate ACT! - all of it , menus , tabs, buttons , forms, all of it?

i want to translate ACT! to Hebrew (a language that doesn't yet have a version of ACT!)

In order to do that , i need  to know how to change all the texts of the menus, submenues , forms, all of it.

Is there an option to do it ?

if it is not in the SDK ,

Can i change the texts i marked in the picture i added ?

Does anyone have a link or video of how to do that ?

it includes changing the text in: 

* the menu items

* buttons toolbar

* left panel ("Connections" for example)

* button tabs names

* sub forms like the one i opened by pushing "...." in the contact row. or the sub forms that the menu opens.

Texts to Translate

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rodnikosh
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: can i translate ACT! - all of it , menus , tabs, buttons , forms, all of it?

[ Edited ]

You could hook into the .NET windows messaging and intercept the the form events.

http://hyper.sunjapan.com.cn/~hz/win32/hooks32.htm

We used this type of hook in our original Durkin Toolkit product a couple of years ago but pulled it because it created many issue with other third party tools.

It may not work correctly with .NET 4.0 since the GDI+ is completely different then the original architecture of Windows 32.

-- Jim Durkin

View solution in original post

All Replies
Employee

Re: can i translate ACT! - all of it , menus , tabs, buttons , forms, all of it?

I can say for certain for the top menu and the navigation bar on the left, some code was left here that accomplishes this. The forms that pop up however I think would be more challenging as there isn't an event that occurs for many of them before they display so you wouldn't have the opportunity to "intercept" the form and show you're own.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Solution
Accepted by topic author rodnikosh
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

You could hook into the .NET windows messaging and intercept the the form events.

http://hyper.sunjapan.com.cn/~hz/win32/hooks32.htm

We used this type of hook in our original Durkin Toolkit product a couple of years ago but pulled it because it created many issue with other third party tools.

It may not work correctly with .NET 4.0 since the GDI+ is completely different then the original architecture of Windows 32.

-- Jim Durkin

Copper Contributor

Sure, take a look at www.acttranslator.com

Thanks,
Inge van Gemert
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Netherlands
inge@inkey.net