Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

add button with text

Tuned Listener

add button with text

Hallo,

I have a plugin that adds a button with text to the toolbar.

But the text to the right of the icon and I need that the text had been under the icon.

Unbenannt.png

I used

http://community.act.com/t5/Act-Developer-s-Forum/How-to-add-a-button-to-Opportunity-toolbox/m-p/118...

Thanks,

Alex

Copper Contributor

Re: add button with text

Not sure if this will help but this issome code I used and my text is below the button:

CommandBarButton lookupSurnameButton = new CommandBarButton("Lookup Surname", "Lookup Contact by Surname", null, "act-ui://com.act/application/menu/lookup/lastname", Act.Custom.RecordCallHistoryPlugin.Resource1.lookupIcon, Act.Custom.RecordCallHistoryPlugin.Resource1.lookupIcon, CommandBarButton.ItemDisplayStyle.ImageOnly, true);
CommandBar oBar = actApplication.Explorer.CommandBarCollection["ACT! Toolbar"];

oBar.ControlCollection.Add(lookupSurnameButton);

Looking at the code I can't remember why it would show the text and the icon for the button but it does.

Beleive the first time it loads incorrectly and then once I reopen ACT again it displays correctly.

Hope that will help somewhat.

Also could it be that your icon is too large? Maybe try shrinking the size and seeing if it would make a difference.

Hope that helps.

-Eric

Tuned Listener

thanks Eric,

but also does not work.

On another computer, everything displays correctly. Maybe there are some settings to the database. I will seek

Alex

Copper Contributor

Maybe try removing the button and plugin and then re add it and see if it comes up properly.

Not the most experienced with the buttons but stuff like that has helped me in the past.