Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Where is sample plugin?

Tuned Listener

Where is sample plugin?

I have compiled the sample plugin and copied it to the Plugins folder?  The plugins is seen as active by the Plugin Manager.  Yet, I can't find it on any of the menu drop-downs.  What am I missing?

Second, I thought there were was a log file that showed the plugin load sequence and any errors.  I can't find my notes on it so wondering if someone can point me to it and in which folder it should exist.

Tom Gueth

Tom Gueth
Knowledge Resource
Binary Star Technology, Inc
Tuned Listener

Re: Where is sample plugin?

Okay, I got it to work.  Went back to old days of debugging by using a bunch of MessageBox.Shows.  Problem was a Exception that was occurring but ACT did not identify the plugin as being blocked?

Now for a button on the toolbar.

Tom Gueth
Knowledge Resource
Nickel Super Contributor

You can always just attach ACT! to the debugger see marks post here, works for all plugins not just custom dashboard components http://community.act.com/sage/blog/article?message.uid=150 much easier than lots of msgboxes.

Tom

Tuned Listener

Thanks for the additional info.  I had used the MessageBox to give a way to get ACT to a stage where I could connect to the ACT process via Visual Studio, then I could single step my way through the startup so I could see the problem.  I hadn't thought about starting ACT from the Debug commands, so that will help in the future.

Tom

Tom Gueth
Knowledge Resource