Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Where can I find the context menu in the registry

Nickel Contributor

Where can I find the context menu in the registry

Hello!  I am looking to find where in the registry is the context menu?  I am looking to add additional commands there to give me greater flexibility.

Any help would be appreciated.

-P

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Where can I find the context menu in the registry

I may be wrong but I don't think its in the registry I believe its embedded into the program.

Tom

Nickel Contributor

Thanks, but Abacus(Actpresentation) and CRM-Service add information to the context menu.  I see it on my screen right now when I right click on the screen.

Can I get into the context menu?  Others can.  Why can't I?  It's not sacrosanct.

Bronze Super Contributor

I wrote this code in a free add-on that extended the Group TreeView menu to include "Exapnd All" "Collapse All"

I lifted the code directly, hope this helps

-- jim durkin

Public Shared Sub ACTAPP_CurrentViewChanged(ByVal Sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)

Select Case ACTAPP.CurrentViewName
            Case "Act.UI.IGroupDetailView"
                '----------------------------------

' we are on the GroupDetail View in ACT!
                Try
                    '------------------------------------------
                    ' Find the TreeView control
                    vTreeGroup = FindControlMutableTree("virtualTree1", ACTAPP)

' Have we already been added
                    If Not vTreeGroup Is Nothing Then

If CType(vTreeGroup.ContextMenu, System.Windows.Forms.ContextMenu).MenuItems.IndexOf(GroupTreeViewMenu) = -1 Then

' Create the menu and set some of attributes
                            GroupTreeViewMenu = New IconMenuItem("Group Tree", CType(GetEmbeddedIcon("TreeView16.ico"), Icon), New EventHandler(AddressOf OnMenuItemClick), Nothing)
                            GroupExpandAllMenu = New IconMenuItem("Expand All", CType(GetEmbeddedIcon("PlusSign.ico"), Icon), New EventHandler(AddressOf OnMenuItemClick), Nothing)
                            GroupCollapseAllMenu = New IconMenuItem("Collapse All", CType(GetEmbeddedIcon("MinusSign.ico"), Icon), New EventHandler(AddressOf OnMenuItemClick), Nothing)
                            GroupAllowDragMenu = New IconMenuItem("Allow Drag and Drop", Nothing, New EventHandler(AddressOf OnMenuItemClick), Nothing)
                            GroupAboutMenu = New IconMenuItem("About Durkin...", Nothing, New EventHandler(AddressOf OnMenuItemClick), Nothing)

'
                            GroupSeperatorMenu1 = New SeperatorMenuItem("-")
                            GroupSeperatorMenu2 = New SeperatorMenuItem("-")

' Disallow Drag and Drop
                            If Preferences.GetValue("AllowDragGroup") <> "TRUE" Then
                                vTreeGroup.Columns(0).Movable = False
                                vTreeGroup.AllowDrop = False
                            Else
                                GroupAllowDragMenu.Checked = True
                            End If

' Add the Top Menu
                            vTreeGroup.ContextMenu.MenuItems.Add(vTreeGroup.ContextMenu.MenuItems.Count, GroupTreeViewMenu)

' Add the SubMenus
                            vTreeGroup.ContextMenu.MenuItems(vTreeGroup.ContextMenu.MenuItems.IndexOf(GroupTreeViewMenu)).MenuItems.Add(GroupExpandAllMenu)
                            vTreeGroup.ContextMenu.MenuItems(vTreeGroup.ContextMenu.MenuItems.IndexOf(GroupTreeViewMenu)).MenuItems.Add(GroupCollapseAllMenu)
                            vTreeGroup.ContextMenu.MenuItems(vTreeGroup.ContextMenu.MenuItems.IndexOf(GroupTreeViewMenu)).MenuItems.Add(GroupSeperatorMenu1)
                            vTreeGroup.ContextMenu.MenuItems(vTreeGroup.ContextMenu.MenuItems.IndexOf(GroupTreeViewMenu)).MenuItems.Add(GroupAllowDragMenu)
                            vTreeGroup.ContextMenu.MenuItems(vTreeGroup.ContextMenu.MenuItems.IndexOf(GroupTreeViewMenu)).MenuItems.Add(GroupSeperatorMenu2)
                            vTreeGroup.ContextMenu.MenuItems(vTreeGroup.ContextMenu.MenuItems.IndexOf(GroupTreeViewMenu)).MenuItems.Add(GroupAboutMenu)

' Add the Popup Handler
                            ' TODO
                            ' AddHandler vTreeGroup.ContextMenu.Popup, AddressOf vTreeGroup_ContextMenu_Popup

End If
                    End If

Catch ex As Exception
                    'Log your error here
                End Try
    Case ELSE