Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What is the best way to allow other programs to trigger changes in ACT?

Copper Contributor

What is the best way to allow other programs to trigger changes in ACT?

I am looking for suggestions on the best way to allow a third-party application (potentially more than one) to trigger changes in ACT.

I have a few programs which the company I work for uses and they need to be able to trigger changes in ACT when certain events happen within those applications.

I know that in the third-party program I can write a plugin which could trigger a logon to ACTFramework and perform the action I want but I feel like that is not the best way.

I feel like with the ACT server I can have something running which is already logged into ACT and listen for notifications from the third-party programs to perform an action.  Maybe with the ACT for Web there is some possibility?

Just looking for a point in the right direction or the terminology to use if hiring a developer.

As always any help is greatly appreciated.

-Eric

Copper Contributor

Re: What is the best way to allow other programs to trigger changes in ACT?

Silver Super Contributor

That was what I was going to tell you.  I'm actually working on a little project for Act! that involves WCF.  It possible that you could use what I'm writing to do what you need to do or I could write your project for you.  You can contact me offline if you like.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

I am going to attempt to get something going myself but if I require assistance I will reach out to you.

Thanks,
-Eric