Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What entity would this be?

What entity would this be?

Hi All,

I have a client with history items with emails attached to them, in either .det or .ima format.  Those emails, when clicked, then have attachments, such as excel files, pdf's, word documents, etc.  Where would those attachments exist if I get the .det or .ima email from the attachments collection on the history item?  Any ideas?

Thanks
Josh

Re: What entity would this be?

So there is no way to access these objects through the sdk?
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hey there,

Initially when I read your query I thought it was a simple question and just a case of going into the History object and getting the AttachmentFilePath property.
But when I read it a little closer I realised taht that is not your problem, if I understand correctly you are after the embeded attachement within the attached email! I think I can't work that one out either and can only guess that maybe it is held embeded within the ima/msg file itself?

Sorry I'm not much help here Smiley Sad but hopefully someone else might be able shed more light on this?

Vivek
Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]
Hi Josh

For the .ima formats, the attachments are embedded in the .ima file. I am not sure what happens with the .det format, but would expect it is the same.

The .ima files are in MIME encoded format, and the attachment is a MIME section.

{edited}

HTH

Regards

David Evans

Message Edited by tashina on 03-18-2008 11:03 AM

Ahh, embedded in the original file.  That will make things interesting.  Thanks for the help, guys.  This migration just got a lot uglier Smiley Happy

Thanks
Josh
Copper Contributor

Hi Josh

If you are doing a migration, you might want to have a look at Sage Migrator. We developed this in conjunction with Sage, specifically for handling migrations of ACT to SageCRM and SalesLogix.

In particular, it handles parsing the .ima file and creating both emails and attachments in SageCR or SLX.

HTH

Regards

David Evans