Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ViewManager example?

Copper Contributor

ViewManager example?

Does anyone have working code that puts a view into the viewmanager so that the back and forward arrows work and doesn't produce errors when the user clicks on one of those errors?

Geoff Blood ("The ACT! Customizer" )
The New Hampton Group

ACT Development Partner
Serving the ACC community since 1994
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: ViewManager example?

Hi Geoff,

What are you trying to achieve... would these not do the job?....

ActApp.UICompanyManager.ShowDetailView()

ActApp.UIContactManager.ShowListView()

ActApp.UIOpportunityManager.ShowOpportunityView("")

etc.....

Tom

Copper Contributor

Tom,

I'm trying to show MY view with a list of the records from my custom entity, similar to the Opportunity List View, but showing my "policies".  That works.  What doesn't work is that after the user shows one of my list views, if they click on the Back or Forward navigation buttons on the toolbar, instead of moving back to the previous view as it should, it produces an error instead, something about not being able to find an entry with the name of my view.

Geoff

The New Hampton Group

ACT Development Partner
Nickel Super Contributor

Geoff,

To be honest I didn't even know you could create your own views, sorry I can't really help.  Just out of interest when you create your view does it display in a seperate form or embedded in ACT!.... Do you have any screenshots of what it looks like?

Tom

Copper Contributor

Tom,

It came up with the addition of the Custom Tables - no pointin having them if you can't see them, eh?  And only seeing a subset on a contact's tab is insufficient as well, no?  So, I got some help in creating the view, and I appreciate that help very much and can't violate the confidence of that source.

No screen shots available, but imagine the Opportunity List View, showing custom table entries instead of SalesOpps.  Or imagine the Contact Tab that the CustomEntitySample includes, but at the View level rather than the Tab level.

I sure wish Sage would provide the proper code to properly show the View - it can easily be a View menu option to activate the View - as a reasonable extension / feature of the CustomEntitySample.

Geoff

The New Hampton Group

ACT Development Partner
Nickel Super Contributor

Very cool Smiley Happy

Is there anywhere that documents what's been added to the SDK through the various versions as most things I end up stumbling upon by accident?

Copper Contributor

what a concept!  No, not that I know of. 
The New Hampton Group

ACT Development Partner
Nickel Super Contributor

Ah well, we live in hope Smiley Happy

Copper Contributor

Tom,

Things have gotten MUCH better!  I think the folks at Sage have turned over a new leaf and are genuinely TRYING to help us now.  They are over worked and under appreciated with way too much on each of their indvidual plates, but they have become much more responsive and helpful.  so yes, tho' we live in hope, my hopes are UP and I'm grateful for all their new energy and attention!  If we can keep getting responses to specific requests, then I can certainly live without a release level summary.  (Tho' you'd think it wouldn't be too hard, during development, to keep a list of improvements, changes, additions etc., as they are made.)

Geoff

The New Hampton Group

ACT Development Partner