Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

VERY annoying problem for large customer (80 users)

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: VERY annoying problem for large customer (80 users)

Hi Billy, thanks for putting your time on our problem.

First of all, I didn't even know of that bug of: "duplicate custom tabpage when really fast multiple switching between list/detail" (which is resolved by just 'normally' switching to list and to layout again.

That said, if I do the same changes as you did:

1) remove the tabcreation from the layoutloaded event so it only is added at the viewloaded event

2) not checking if it is added (exists in loadedTabs)

3) clearing loadedTabs

this same bug you found still exists for me.

However, this is _not_ the bug we are talking about, and it's never been reported either. The post we are talking about is duplication of _all_ Act!'s _own_ tabpages + our custom tabpage, having the first copy of the Act!'s own tabpages being empty.

So unfortunately this won't help probably as it's a different problem, although we can always give it a try. I'll let you know if it has helped or not. We also try the effect of from-scratch-recreating the Opportunity layout they're using.

Greetings,

ACT Certified Consultants
TendenZ
the Netherlands
Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Without being able to duplicate that specific problem, I can't try and resolve it.  Unfortunately, the symptoms that I listed was as close as I could come to forcing a similar problem to yours.  I don't have any further information beyond what I've given.

Billy Clark
E: Billy.Clark@kqc.ca
P: 800-857-0558 x334
Act! Certified Consultant
MaaS Certified Consultant
World’s #1 Act! Reseller!
Keystroke
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I've spoken to the client again, and now someone in the Dutch department also has the problem (before only most UK employees experienced the problem).

The only thing they could think of is that his Windows DPI setting is set at 125% (see attachment).

A bit sceptical I decided to look at the problem via TeamViewer, but!!! within three times doing an opportunity lookup via right mouse button, then clicking an opportunity in the results, and doing it again, the problem occurred.

Then we changed the DPI settings to 100%(normal), and we couldn't reproduce it.

Changed back to 125%, again within a few tries.

Greetings,

ACT Certified Consultants
TendenZ
the Netherlands