Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Updating ACT from FoxPro requires re-index.

Updating ACT from FoxPro requires re-index.

I'm Updating ACT! progragmatically from FoxPro, my routine works, however I don't see the changes until

I do a Re-Index of the Act Database.  Has Anybody  had a similar issue.??????

Act 2000    (I know, I know.....)

FoxPro 9.

Any is greatly appreciated.

Avid Listener

Re: Updating ACT from FoxPro requires re-index.

Hi ,

I using foxpro to integrate with ACT. but i dont encountered reindex issue. May u explain in details ?

Thanks,

Jeff.

Well I'm NOT using the sdk,  there is several user defined fields that have indexes, I'm doing a "REPLACE" from fox to the

ACT dbf table, and it works but the data inserted on the table doesn't show unless I reindex ACT.

Avid Listener

Hi, wow you dont use sdk ? how come ? then how u updated to ACT MSSQL table ?

then i have no idea. i thought you using SDK.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Supertiti,

Updating the DBF's directly is really not advised since you wont be creating entries within the transaction logs and could potentially introduce corruption into the system!

Do any of the fields that you are updating write to the history? If so updating the fields directly from the DBF files wont update the BLB file and could lead problems much further down the line with regards to general health of the dB.

I don't mean to scare to unduly but I would strongly suggest that you carry out a C&R followed by a Scan & Repair via ActDiag.

If you plan on writing to the dB you would be best advised to use the SDK either in VB6 or VC++6.

HTH

Vivek 

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Platinum Elite Contributor

Other than not updating the index files, if you using the database for sync it won't update the transaction log and the changes won't sync.

While reading directly is ok, writing directly to the database in any version of ACT! will not work.

For Jeff, he's using ACT! 2000 (5.0) which used a Codebase IV engine, not SQL