Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Updated schema Data Dictionary Documentation on the ACT! KnowledgeBase site

Copper Super Contributor

Updated schema Data Dictionary Documentation on the ACT! KnowledgeBase site

For those of you that use the ACTREADER and/or ACT! OLE DB Provider(s) as a part of any solution/add-on you may develop, KB 22924 "ACT! Reader Utility Database Report Documentation" has been updated with a PDF document.  I've included the link here:  

ACT! Reader Utility Database Report Documentation

It includes a reduced subset of the entire database schema - we tried to isolate and organize by "Subject Area" including:

• Activity
  • Company
  • Contact
  • Group
  • Notes/History
  • Opportunity
  • Metadata
  • Security
  • Sync

Each Subject Area will contain an ERD (Entity Relationship Diagram) as well as the definition behind the tables that comprise the Subject Area.

Please - we're interested in feedback on this format...good, bad or otherwise!

Thanks, and enjoy.

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software

Copper Contributor

Re: Updated schema Data Dictionary Documentation on the ACT! KnowledgeBase site

Bill,

The documentation in the PDF file is exactly what I need, but...

The dark colored backgrounds in many of the tables on the data model diagrams, coupled with the reduced font sizes, make these tables all but unreadable.  In Tbl_Company, for example, the darker blue font on top of the dark blue background is just unreadable on screen or printed in color or grayscale.  The blue and black font on torquoise on the Activity pages is only marginally better.

What are the chances of a revised version of just the data models with white backgrounds (can you color code the table borders to achieve the effect you want?) and 10-20% (or more) larger.  I'm assuming that the diagrams started out larger and were then compressed to fit onto a page.  I would prefer a page-spanning diagram at larger resolution.  Or, you might get a slightly better resolution by pushing entities closer together to reduce the need to compress as much.

Kudos for the really complete descriptions at the table and attribute level.

Larry